Options

Editing keywords in bulk

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited May 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
1. I log in
2. I go to the keywords and choose 'portugal'. I have 113 photos.
3. I go to 'europe'. I have 59 photos.
4. I choose 'portugal' and the customisation returns 152 photos some of them without the word 'portugal'
5. I select all the photos and ask to replace 'portugal' for 'portugal europe' after a preview.

As it does not work, what am I doing wrong ?

Thank you.
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    1. I log in
    4. I choose 'portugal' and the customisation returns 152 photos some of them without the word 'portugal'
    5. I select all the photos and ask to replace 'portugal' for 'portugal europe' after a preview.

Thank you.
    Antonio, I'm confused. I looked at your site and nothing seems amiss. Can you try removing the "portugal" and then adding portugal europe?

Also, please just type in the default text, no colors - it's much easier for us to read on dgrin, thanks very much :D
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    1. I log in

Thank you.

When you select "edit keywords bulk" in keyword mode, all the pictures in the gallery are displayed, not just the ones with 'portugal'. problem is, you select "edit keywords bulk" from the photo tools, so only the gallery of the selected photo is retrieved, not every gallery that had pictures with 'portugal'
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    When you select "edit keywords bulk" in keyword mode, all the pictures in the gallery are displayed, not just the ones with 'portugal'. problem is, you select "edit keywords bulk" from the photo tools, so only the gallery of the selected photo is retrieved, not every gallery that had pictures with 'portugal'
    Andy.
    Thank you. I'll try it.

dcm.
    Please remember that I do not speak 1/8 of English you do.
    "When you select "edit keywords bulk" in keyword mode, all the pictures in the gallery are displayed, not just the ones with 'portugal'."
    The problem is when I am asking for the photos with the word 'portugal'.
    And what do I have in return ?
    Photos with the word 'portugal' = 113 photos. OK.
    But as I go to <keyword tools> under the picture and choose Edit Captions/Keyword Tools in Bulk I get 152 pictures.
    Thsi is something I do not understand:
    I ask for the specific photos with 'portugal' and I get the ones without the choosen word. This is my problem.
    Among them I have pictures with "birmania burma myanmar" which is in the gallery of Architecture.
    I must be doing something wrong !

I did this and I still don't get it:
    Choose 'portugal'
    got the photos with that word.
    edit caption in bulk
    replace 'portugal' for 1
    got some pictures with 1 and 88 with 'portugal'

I think I'll have to do it one by one.

Thank you both for the advise and opinion.
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 18, 2006
    Antonio,

The way it is functioning right now, when you select "edit captions/keywords (bulk)", it brings up all the photos in the gallery that particular photo is in, not the photos with that keyword.

We will probably discuss whether or not that functionality needs to change, but that's the way it is currently.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    The way it is functioning right now, when you select "edit captions/keywords (bulk)", it brings up all the photos in the gallery that particular photo is in, not the photos with that keyword.

We will probably discuss whether or not that functionality needs to change, but that's the way it is currently.
    I think we totally need the functionality to edit the keywords in bulk independent from the gallery. How else am I supposed to mass-edit a certain keyword, e.g. in order to add a another to all photos with the keyword I selected or to rename this specific keyword sitewide?

I think I even requested this before - at least I stumbled across it and Andy told me that it was only working on a gallery base.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2006
    I think we totally need the functionality to edit the keywords in bulk independent from the gallery. How else am I supposed to mass-edit a certain keyword, ...

I think I even requested this before - at least I stumbled across it and Andy told me that it was only working on a gallery base.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian: Thank you for the cooperation and report of the same problem.

Sheaf:
    This is another work you have to do.
    One added value was implemeted today and I am rather proud of having allerted for it.
    I mean the Password Protected Gallery !
    It was working incorrectly and it looks fine now.
    Thank you to your credits.
    Mark in your callender: Fix the keyword problem.
    Regards. thumb.gif