Need some help for my users

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
edited May 18, 2006 in Finishing School
We have about a dozen code enforcement officers here who use two different Olympus cameras - an ancient 1.3 MP and a much newer 5 MP model. Both use Camedia Master (v 2.5 and 4.1) to print the pictures with the dates for court purposes. There are no options on the cameras to embed the date in the picture - they have to do it in the Camedia software at the time of printing.

Since we finished the move from Novell to full Active Directory two weeks ago, the Camedia software is unusable since it's so slow accessing the pics on their shared drive, even after a reinstall. I'm pretty sure PS would do it, but I don't think we have the licenses for that. I tried irfanview this morning and it doesn't look like it will work either. Do you have any suggestions for a free/cheap viewer that will print the pictures with the date, even if the date isn't embedded in the jpg? Unfortunately, these users are not the most literate on the PC either, so it needs to be easy, too. Thanks in advance.
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    Maybe try this
    Ant theres lots of others look here too

Fred
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    TristanP wrote:
    We have about a dozen code enforcement officers

you work for permits? I too am a great sissy admin...permits and resource management, aka PRMD, Sonoma County.
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    photodoug wrote:
    you work for permits? I too am a great sissy admin...permits and resource management, aka PRMD, Sonoma County.
    I do desktop support for the local County IS department - everything from the Executive office and County Council and their Treos, Land Use and their "I can't print", to getting the Code Enforcement officers access to the pics they've stored on the network. 400 users between two of us doing desktop.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72