Camera Storage

AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited May 19, 2006 in Cameras
Hey, I bought my first DSLR a few months ago and just have the one (kit) lens. Since i've bought my camera it's been stored in my Swiss gear holster type case. In the next few months I plan to get a couple more lenses (50 1.8 and something arround 200) but if I buy the new lenses (plus other things) my case wouldn't work anymore.

Next fall i'll be going off to college and staying in the dorms and well, i'm a little worried about my camera getting stolen. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could use to store my gear, and keep it from getting stolen? I was thinking maybe a smallish pelican case with a lock on it and then a bicycle type lock to secure it to a bed post or something.

Anyone have any ideas?

PS. I'm not sure if this should be in the Accessories forum or this one, sorry if I got it wrong:dunno

Comments

• Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    I am currently using Pelican cases at work. We put a lock and cable on it. So far so good mwink.gif

It may not stop someone determined, but it may stop the casual or opportunist thief.
    Aloner wrote:
    I was thinking maybe a smallish pelican case with a lock on it and then a bicycle type lock to secure it to a bed post or something.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    You could just get a steamer trunk like a lot of college kids do, and keep a padlock on it. It would be useful for storing your camera and other stuff that you want to keep secure, like your laptop and iPod.
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX