Color Management PS2.0

THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
edited May 27, 2006 in Finishing School
Okay, so, my original post was for PSE2.0 but I've now upgraded to 4.0 and my questions have changed somewhat.

For the color profile, how do I change it for PSE4.0? I've read the soft proofing tutorial but it doesn't apply to PSE4.0.

Could I take that color profile and use it for my screen profile (System Preferences/Display/Color)? Has anyone tried this? If I switch my screen profile from "Color LCD" to "Adobe RGB (1998)" there's a huge difference between the two.

Basically - what's the correct way to setup my screen profile and PSE4.0 profile (if possible)?

Thanks!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin

Comments

• babyhopperbabyhopper Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited May 21, 2006
    Answers anyone?
  • THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    babyhopper wrote:
    Answers anyone?

They're all in VEGAS! rolleyes1.gif

Just waiting for them to get back! :D
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    They're all in VEGAS! rolleyes1.gif

Just waiting for them to get back! :D

So much for that idea!:D

- Kevin
  • gRaVeSgRaVeS Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 27, 2006
    Your screen profile calibrates for the hardware. The color profile (workspace) calibrates for how software like PS or PSE treats images. I think what you want to do is set your screen profile to match your hardware (Color LCD?), and set your PSE profile to either sRGB or AdobeRGB.
    Keep in mind (although you probably already know) setting to AdobeRGB for images that are going to be displayed in a browser, images will appear slightly desaturated compared to what you see in PSE or PS. Browsers cant render images using the AdobeRGB profile.

Use sRGB if you want a more accurate representation of images in browser.

Hope this helps