Options

Shooting wedding pics in a low lit church...

mlaramlara Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited May 19, 2006 in Technique
Hello,

I'm currently using a Canon EOS 20D and I will be taking some wedding pictures in a church with average to low lighting. Any advice on how to get the best results, preferably techniques without using a flash. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Michelle:):

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    mlara wrote:
    Any advice on how to get the best results, preferably techniques without using a flash.

Photography 101. If you are in low light with fixed ambient lighting and no flash, you only have three variables to deal with. Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.

You have max those out with the preferance for as fast a shutter speed as you can get. So use a fast lens (e.g. f/2.8 or faster) and fast ISO (1600 to 3200 probably) and try to get a shutter speed of 1/125 or faster. Try not to go below 1/60th because motion blur will become much more pronounced.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    Use a tripod!!!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    mlaramlara Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    Thanks for the input!:):