Options

Any DC area photogs?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited May 23, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I got a voicemail from a friend. Apparently he is working on the campaign of someone, I don't know who, and they'd like to get a fairly cheap photog for some coverage at an event in DC, in July IIRC. I left him a voicemail back saying I can't do it because I have a full time job, but that he should call me back anyways. I wonder if we've got any people here who'd do it on the cheap, more to have a fun experience than for money.
Richard

Comments

• Options
    LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    I got a voicemail from a friend. Apparently he is working on the campaign of someone, I don't know who, and they'd like to get a fairly cheap photog for some coverage at an event in DC, in July IIRC. I left him a voicemail back saying I can't do it because I have a full time job, but that he should call me back anyways. I wonder if we've got any people here who'd do it on the cheap, more to have a fun experience than for money.
    Richard

It's not my normal gig, but I'm in the area. Hit me with the details and I'll see what I can do.

-Rich

*I live in D.C. proper. Where's the event being held? Send me information via pm if you'd like.
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2006
    I don't know any details yet to be honest. He still hasn't returned my voicemail, and the two times I called him it went straight to voicemail.

BTW, need some summer work? IIRC you just finished your second year right? Check out www.palmerlegalstaffing.com and e-mail your resume over to drogers@plsdc.com (I"m temping in house over there at a desk where someone d rogers used to use apparently...if you do get a job through them though, since I referred you I'd get a bit of money so it'd be win win). deal.gif
    Richard
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2006
    Hmmmm, actually I might be taking the gig. Something I didn't know before is that it would be after my work is over, and since it's at the capitol building and I'm at Farragut North it would be doable...I have to get the parents' permission first though. Apparently there is a special interest in me since he's running for congress in NC and I'm here now but will be back in NC during the campaign season.
    Richard
  • Options
    LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2006
    ...I have to get the parents' permission first though.

really? I never would have guessed, seeing as how you are working/temping in DC and are from NC, that you were a minor.

Well, either way, let me know what you decide and some of the details of the event; if I'm available, I might swing through regardless.

take care,
    Rich
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2006
    LeDude wrote:
    really? I never would have guessed, seeing as how you are working/temping in DC and are from NC, that you were a minor.

Well, either way, let me know what you decide and some of the details of the event; if I'm available, I might swing through regardless.

take care,
    Rich

I'm not a minor, but I still have to get their permission for everything (he who has the power to pay tuition has the power to rule :D ) And no, I'm not from NC. I'm from DC and go to college in NC.

June 5-6 apparently 6pm until like 8pm at the capitol building south
  • Options
    kammermankammerman Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2006
    Another DC photog here!
    Hi there,

I'm in Bethesda, also home to MarlinSpike -- correct? Don't forget to join me one night when I photograph the Bethesda Big Train. Sounds like you're back in town. If I recall, graduation is on Mother's Day, so the school year must be over.

Sorry, no time for the politician....

Any other Bethesda photographers here?

Take care,
    Lisa
    Lisa

bigtrainphotos.com (Bethesda Big Train Baseball Photos)
    Kammerman Portraits
    (Portraits, Events, Children with Special Needs, Daycare)

Photography Referral System
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2006
    Yup, back in town. Graduation was mother's day, though I have one more year so I came home the day before mother's day. Bethesda Big Train?

Oh, and for the record it's Marlinspike...well Marlinspike Manor I suppose, it's a reference to Captain Haddock's mansion in the Tintin comic books I used to read as a kid.
  • Options
    kammermankammerman Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Yup, back in town. Graduation was mother's day, though I have one more year so I came home the day before mother's day. Bethesda Big Train?

Oh, and for the record it's Marlinspike...well Marlinspike Manor I suppose, it's a reference to Captain Haddock's mansion in the Tintin comic books I used to read as a kid.

We loved Tintin, but i don't remember Marlinspike.

I do the baseball photography for Bethesda Big Train (www.bigtrain.org). Opening night is June 9. Big Train was Walter Johnson's nickname. His childhood home stands at the NW corner of Old Georgetown Rd and Cedar Lane, and Walter Johnson high school is named for him as well.

The games are tons of fun!

Lisa
    Lisa

bigtrainphotos.com (Bethesda Big Train Baseball Photos)
    Kammerman Portraits
    (Portraits, Events, Children with Special Needs, Daycare)

Photography Referral System
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2006
    kammerman wrote:
    We loved Tintin, but i don't remember Marlinspike.

I do the baseball photography for Bethesda Big Train (www.bigtrain.org). Opening night is June 9. Big Train was Walter Johnson's nickname. His childhood home stands at the NW corner of Old Georgetown Rd and Cedar Lane, and Walter Johnson high school is named for him as well.

The games are tons of fun!

Lisa

Oh right, I knew that. I was thinking Bethesda big train, not Bethesda Big Train (I was wondering where there was a large locomotive in Bethesda).
    I forget the name of the Tintin where Marlinspike was introduced, but it was a two-parter involving Cpt Haddock being kidnapped, then later they hit the ocean and went looking for treasure, only to find it was in the basement of Marlinspike Manor the whole time. I have all of the ones that were translated into English in my basement, plus Tintin in Africa which never made it's way into English because...well quite frankly it's kinda racist.