Yrma

Ginebra AlvarezGinebra Alvarez Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited May 20, 2006 in People
Hi everyone,

I know there are mistakes that I haven't noticed. Please comment on them. The intention is to achive a high contrast photograph without transforming the image into some kind of weird graphic art.

Enrique

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    Enrique,

I really like the concept. The photo almost works for me. I have just two nits and on massive problem:

But, first, the positives:
    • The lady either has very lovely skin or you did a masterful job of smoothing it without detroying the texture of her skin (talking about the slight shadows along her left jaw-line).
    • The image is simple and very powerful
    Now for the nits
    • You have some stray hair strands on the head band. The ONE above her left eye distracts just a tad
    • The shoulder strap - aside from the head band, this is the only clue this lady has any clothes on. I would probably prefer to either see more of her clothing or to remove the shoulder strap complete
    OK, the massive problem. The lady's left shoulder looks like she has a significant amount of weight on her left hand/arm, causing her should to "bunch up" and present a huge mass in the lower right corner of the photo. This, then, translates into a massing of her trap muscle (into her neck). The result, for me, is that her shoulder is competing with her lovely face for my attention. If this was your intent, you were very successful. If not, this photo is just very good, rather than the excellent photo it could have been.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    I think you have accomplished your goal of the high contrast shot without getting to "weird". thumb.gif I agree with Scott about the shoulder. If you were to position her slightly to her left to rotate the shoulder away from center, it would eliminate the problem. The shoulder in front also conveys a "leave me alone" message that might not be intended here. You might also try shooting more from above and down towards her face to avoid the shoulder.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    Very nice High key
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery