Customization Navbar

SportshooterSportshooter Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 20, 2006 in SmugMug Support
http://mruccolo.smugmug.com
I need help trying to figure out which customization box in smugmug to put the CSS & HTML info into. I have gone to the listurtorial site to get a sample but I cannot get it to work. I have spent a lot of time with no success your help would be appriciated.
element. CSS CODE
#navcontainer ul
{
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
list-style-type: none;
text-align: center;
}

#navcontainer ul li { display: inline; }

#navcontainer ul li a
{
text-decoration: none;
padding: .2em 1em;
color: #fff;
background-color: #036;
}

#navcontainer ul li a:hover
{
color: #fff;
background-color: #369;
}

HTML CODE
<div id="navcontainer">
<ul>
<li><a href="#">Milk</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Eggs</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Cheese</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Vegetables</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Fruit</a></li>
</ul>
</div>
Customization Settings

A basic understanding of HTML helps, but you can add your own custom banner and more with a little help from our tutorial.
your background color

Light Dark Viewer Controlled
page title - optional

Title is what's displayed in your browser's window name.

css - optional

The Stylesheet section will be placed between <style> tags (so please don't add them below). Uses standard CSS syntax.
<div id="header"> <ul> <li><a href="#">Home</a></li> <li id="current"><a href="#">News</a></li> <li><a href="#">Products</a></li> <li><a href="#">About</a></li> <li><a href="#">Contact</a></li> </ul> </div>
javascript - optional

The JavaScript section will be placed between <script> tags (so please don't add them below). Can break browsers, be careful.

head tag - optional

The code you enter here will be placed right before the closing </head> tag (no need to include any head tags below).

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    Hiya Mike wave.gif and welcome to dgrin

If you are going to customize, put the HTML in your header box, and the CSS in your CSS box. Both can be found when you go to control panel > customize.

As a general rule; When you are creating something, you are using HTML and you have to put it in the header (or footer if you want it below your normal page). If you are styling something, you are using CSS, and it goes in your CSS box.

Hope this helps!
  • SportshooterSportshooter Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 20, 2006
    Ivar,
    It worked, now I just need to figure out how to link my galleries to the buttons and also learn how to place them on the left hand side of the page. Thank you verey much for your help.
    Mike
    ivar wrote:
    Hiya Mike wave.gif and welcome to dgrin

If you are going to customize, put the HTML in your header box, and the CSS in your CSS box. Both can be found when you go to control panel > customize.

As a general rule; When you are creating something, you are using HTML and you have to put it in the header (or footer if you want it below your normal page). If you are styling something, you are using CSS, and it goes in your CSS box.

Hope this helps!
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    Ivar,
    It worked, now I just need to figure out how to link my galleries to the buttons and also learn how to place them on the left hand side of the page. Thank you verey much for your help.
    Mike
    Instead of "#", as in the example that you posted, put the actual link.
    Try this for your hockey button.
    <li><a href="http://mruccolo.smugmug.com/Sports/36374">Hockey</a></li&gt;
  • CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    I'd hide that gallery that has your header picture.
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
    L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2
  • SportshooterSportshooter Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 20, 2006
    AKTSE,
    Thank you for your help, now I can start to organize my galleries finally. Any suggestions on how to :
    1. Move the navbar to the Left hand side verticle
    2. Have my home page appear like Andy's site http://www.moonriverphotography.com/ where select pictures come up.

Thank you.

aktse wrote:
    Instead of "#", as in the example that you posted, put the actual link.
    Try this for your hockey button.
    <li><a href="http://mruccolo.smugmug.com/Sports/36374">Hockey</a></li&gt;