IR: Wild Horses

boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
edited May 20, 2006 in Holy Macro
Fun for adults and kids! A stitch of 2 shots with the Converted Sony P200.
Custom white balance and channel swap.

Andrea

orig.jpg

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    Hi Boogie! I have been enjoying the shots you have posted on Dgrin. I like your "style". I like the composition of this shot very much...and I like the nostalgic subject-matter. I'm not too keen on the processing on this one. (Was this created with filters, I don't know?) The overall mid-grayness of the image is kind of oppressive for me..I think of carousels and happy times come to mind. But that is just my memories coming into play here! I would like to see more contrast with brighter highlights. That being said, I do like the smooth tonal quality. Maybe I'm just hard to please today! Great image with lots of possibilities for manipulating. thumb.gif
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Hi Boogie! I have been enjoying the shots you have posted on Dgrin. I like your "style". I like the composition of this shot very much...and I like the nostalgic subject-matter. I'm not too keen on the processing on this one. (Was this created with filters, I don't know?) The overall mid-grayness of the image is kind of oppressive for me..I think of carousels and happy times come to mind. But that is just my memories coming into play here! I would like to see more contrast with brighter highlights. That being said, I do like the smooth tonal quality. Maybe I'm just hard to please today! Great image with lots of possibilities for manipulating. thumb.gif

I have to admit this was a grab shot leaving the zoo with my IR converted Sony P200. I custom balanced for green grass then channel swapped in PS.
    No award winner here!!!!!! Just playing around with my cameras. No children in site so I guess you're right...kind of oppressive. I was more curious on how IR would work on this than anything. I shoot anything and everything.
    Maybe I'll re-process or better yet head for the zoo for another one. :D

And I really appreciate comments (good or bad)..in fact I'm enjoying Dgrin too...it's a fun forum.

Thanks again saurora.

Andrea
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    Very nice Andrea i really loved this IR it reminds me the intro of "Face off"
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    it reminds me the intro of "Face off"

exactly what i thought too, nice work thumb.gif
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    Ah......"face off"??? Would this be a hockey movie??? Just guessing. :D

Thanks for commenting retro and Awais.