Options

Genuine Fractals on Win98SE & PaintShopPro9?

Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited June 9, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
I'd like to find out if the new Genuine Fractals 4.1 will run on Win98SE? I'm pretty sure it will run with Jasc PSP9 (which will run any Photoshop compatable plugin) but so far all my searching has failed to find out if it absolutely requires XP or will it run on Win98SE within Jasc PSP9 (which is how I'm presently using PSP9)

My computer is old and slow but it's reliable and still as useable as the day I had it built. There are other things I need more than a new computer right now.

Thanks
Bob
See with your Heart

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited May 27, 2006
    Since nobody has yet replied, might I suggest one of the many PSP specific forums?

http://www.pspug.org/forum/

usenet subscription...
    cnews.corel.com-->corel.PaintShopProX
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    Since nobody has yet replied, might I suggest one of the many PSP specific forums?

http://www.pspug.org/forum/

usenet subscription...
    cnews.corel.com-->corel.PaintShopProX
    hmmm, I wouldn't know Bob. I use nine but it seems to be difficult to add the plug ins to it, and rather my old PSP7 was a breeze with the added photoshop dll file. You have photoshop plug ins working in 9? I still open my old 7 to use them. Geesh I'd love to get it all in one place...thumb.gif
  • Options
    Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Well, it took a week or so but thanks for the replies guys. As it turns out Fred Miranda's Stair Interpolation looks like it could be just as good as G.F. I tried an 11x14 (185%) upsample from a 2.1MP file off my wife's first digital (Olympus C2040). I used the PSP9 bicubic engine and did it in 10% incriments. The result... not bad when viewed at the proper distance for 11x14.

Here's the result. It suffers a little from the compression required to post here on DGrin ...
    Attachment not found.

:): Bob
    See with your Heart
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited June 9, 2006
    Looks good, Bob. Glad to see you got your question resolved.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    I'd like to find out if the new Genuine Fractals 4.1 will run on Win98SE? I'm pretty sure it will run with Jasc PSP9 (which will run any Photoshop compatable plugin) but so far all my searching has failed to find out if it absolutely requires XP or will it run on Win98SE within Jasc PSP9 (which is how I'm presently using PSP9)

My computer is old and slow but it's reliable and still as useable as the day I had it built. There are other things I need more than a new computer right now.

Thanks
    Bob

Try downloading the trial version and see if it will load in properly...personally I love gf 4.1 with my PSCS....and have had GF since it was version 3.....I do not like have to stair step my enlargements..so I jumped for GF.

The onone folks are really nice and have answered all my questions without making me feel like an idiot for asking things that graphics people take for granted.....their custome service for me has been great..as a matter of fact they will let me upgrade my old 3.0 to 4.1 for a lot less than $100...Lizard tech refused to allow me the upgrade.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website