After the Fire

boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
edited May 21, 2006 in People
Some excitement in the neighborhood in the late evening. Grabbed the long lens and headed outside but kept a safe distance. Have camera will travel. :rofl

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    Yeah, they looked really "pumped up" for action, don't they! I laughed at the casual stance in the first shot, while I was expecting some "action" shot! Good thing you stayed out of their way, Boogie! :D
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    very nice low light shots
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    very nice shots! You really captured the moment! The colors just pop. Great job!
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com
    www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300
    SB-600
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2006
    Thanks all! A little excitement and a camera. That works for me.

Anyways it was only a couch on fire that they threw on the balcony and I gained some people shots.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    There are fantastic low-light images.thumb.gif

I am still learning and every post I see here highlights for me one more assumption I have/had that turns out to be WRONG!

What did I from your images - you don't have to have perfectly exposed, bright images to convey a message. These may be perfectly exposes (I'll let someone else judge that) but they are not bright. But they are great and I perceive a message!

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed these images.
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    There are fantastic low-light images.thumb.gif

I am still learning and every post I see here highlights for me one more assumption I have/had that turns out to be WRONG!

What did I from your images - you don't have to have perfectly exposed, bright images to convey a message. These may be perfectly exposes (I'll let someone else judge that) but they are not bright. But they are great and I perceive a message!

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed these images.

iloveyou.gif Comment much appreciated Scott.

There was enough available light from the trucks and street lamps... and the telephone pole helped me steady my lens. I'm NOT a tripod person :D so I look for anything to help me steady my camera. I agree their not tack sharp but I got the look I was shooting for. I shot approx. 30 pics and these 3 where the winners. Go out and experiment on early/late evening scenes...digital is cheap!

Be careful when you follow those fire trucks.rolleyes1.gif

Andrea