Ch#65 - Ineligible. Worth a re-shoot?

TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
edited May 25, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
This place is about an hour dirve so I could re-do. Any suggestions are welcome. Don't know if the ravens will cooperate next time. :D
And I realize the power line is a distraction. Clone tool should fix that.
70670491-L.jpg

Comments

• sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Oh man, I know how you feel, everywhere you look here is power lines, I'm in Niagara Falls......but you know you could crop to just above the building and just a little land under the building, and do a nice wide photo........of course there would be no crows in the photo....but might look real nice, and a little contrast mebbe :D
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Oh man, I know how you feel, everywhere you look here is power lines, I'm in Niagara Falls......but you know you could crop to just above the building and just a little land under the building, and do a nice wide photo........of course there would be no crows in the photo....but might look real nice, and a little contrast mebbe :D
    Cool shot. Yeah too bad it wasn't closer.
    I know what you mean about power lines. Supposedly you can easily erase them by selecting them, then picking the white background color. But I havn't tried it. I have erased them by hand though with the paint brush and match the background color over and over. A real pain, but with the exception of the trees its pretty fast.

Well besides, telephone wires are a thing of the past around here, so it should be part of the nostalgia these days.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Looks like a promising place. I'd wait until golden light fell on it, maybe made long shadows into the desert. That would be cool. Power lines are a major drag.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Netgarden wrote:
    Supposedly you can easily erase them by selecting them, then picking the white background color.
    Are you using photoshop? There's the Clone tool which should help eliminate this if you're careful. Its the icon that looks like a rubber stamp. You can change the size & softness or hardess & opacity etc, like you can with a paint brush. To use it, click on say an area of sky near your powerline, but far enough away that the area surrounding the brush doesn't pick the line & other stuff. then using the stamp draw over the line. It should disappear under the Sky that you've put on. Takes a bit of practise, but is very effective. You can also Use the lasso to selct an area of sky. Feather the edges & then copy it onto another layer & move it over the power line. Then you can erase the edges etc, building up layers till everything is covered. Save this as a photoshop PSD file (layered file) and then save out as a Jpeg. You can then go back to the PSD if anything needs to change.
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Thanks!
    If I have time, I will get out there at sunrise for a re-shoot. Sunset would be easier, but the building faces east!

Thanks for all the good idease about post-process too.
  • RopinaMomentRopinaMoment Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2006
    This is my first post or reply....so howdy!

I'd like to see a closer crop of this one. I like the look and feel of the picture though.

Oh, and I agree, power lines kill! rolleyes1.gif