Statcounter not working

Miguel LasaMiguel Lasa Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited May 22, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hello

I have been using a counter from Statcounter , and have have the code installed in my custom page settings , after working perfectly for months today stopped working and no new visits are recorded any more , I contacted the statcounter help and they told me to reinstall the code but still doesnt work
could this be due to update on the general code on smugmug settings - custum page ?
Looks like the javascrips stopped working
I would appreciate your help
thank you very much

Miguel

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 21, 2006
    Hi Migel,

Sorry there isn't much we can do without your smugmug address.

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    for what it's worth...
    I just checked my stats with Statcounter and it's working fine for me. I've made no changes to the code since January.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    I just checked my stats with Statcounter and it's working fine for me. I've made no changes to the code since January.

I had no hits since 7pm yesterday... not unheard of though. I deleted cookies (so that my blocking cookie would be gone) and hit a few pics on my site. went to statcounter and there they were.ne_nau.gif

If people are accessing your galleries via www and not your nickname, you wont see that traffic. Also, galleries with "hide owner" on will not show on statcounter either....(cus the custom stuff is not used)
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    I had no hits since 7pm yesterday... not unheard of though. I deleted cookies (so that my blocking cookie would be gone) and hit a few pics on my site. went to statcounter and there they were.ne_nau.gif
    I've had no hits since 20th May 2006 07:06:38 pm also. Deleted the
    statcounter cookies, removed blocking cookie, hit a few pics and
    still nothing before 7 last night shows.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited May 21, 2006
    Miguel's site is http://miguel-lasa.smugmug.com/ and his shots are absolutely breath-taking. He's been with us since '03 and the only reason more of his shots don't show up on the most popular pages is he has comments turned off.

I'm looking into his stat counter code.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Baldy wrote:
    Miguel's site is http://miguel-lasa.smugmug.com/ and his shots are absolutely breath-taking. He's been with us since '03 and the only reason more of his shots don't show up on the most popular pages is he has comments turned off.

I'm looking into his stat counter code.

Their forum reports problems.
    http://forum.statcounter.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22065
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Allen wrote:

apparently, if your code is calling server "c8" it isn't working... My code calls out "c12" (c12.statcounter.com) which explains why my works... even though the only visitor to my site was me :cry
  • Miguel LasaMiguel Lasa Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    apparently, if your code is calling server "c8" it isn't working... My code calls out "c12" (c12.statcounter.com) which explains why my works... even though the only visitor to my site was me :cry

looks like is working now, thank you very much for your help

Miguel