SB-600 (or SB-800) with D200 - need help please

jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
edited June 12, 2006 in Accessories
I've been using my SB-600 with the D70s for a few weeks and have been very pleased with the results. With the SB-600 set in TTL-BL mode, when I press the shutter it sends out a few preliminary pulses of light to determine the proper flash level, then fires the flash with the shutter.

With the D200, no preliminary pulses are fired, and the pictures is almost always overexposed. Obviously I don't have something set right on the D200, but I can't figure out what. Can anyone help me here?

I'm shooting in aperture priority on both cameras, and I do have the D200 set for front-curtain sync.

Thanks.

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,933 moderator
    edited June 7, 2006
    Let's give this a bump and see if someone more Nikon savy can help.

Anyone?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    Thanks for the bump and the link from Harry.

Actually, I had posted a similar thread at Nikon Cafe and have gotten lots of help there. That is why I haven't pursued it here.

Thanks anyway!
  • cueballcueball Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    i dont think it is made to work with the d200 from what i hear i mean it will fire but the setting like ttl mode dont work
  • jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    cueball wrote:
    i dont think it is made to work with the d200 from what i hear i mean it will fire but the setting like ttl mode dont work
    Au contraire. Works beautifully with the D200, I just have to dial in the correct settings and do a bit of experimenting as I did with the D70s.
  • StephCStephC Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 12, 2006
    jthomas wrote:
    Au contraire. Works beautifully with the D200, I just have to dial in the correct settings and do a bit of experimenting as I did with the D70s.

Yup. Looks like you've got your answers, but my SB-600 is working wonderfully with my D200. Great combination.