D2h can it do High speed sync with SB600???

CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
edited May 22, 2006 in Cameras
Ive been using this Flash, and it works ( sometimes) I have the manual, i can usually adjust output value to suit me, I have to fiddle sometimes with the zoom? as I always use a long lens and want mostly fill. But I would like to play with high speed sync, on fast moving horses using fill ( when in shaded areas. ) Is it possible with this combo, the manual says it has a ( Auto FP high sppeed sync. But it must be set in camera. I cant find anything other than keeping my highest 250 ss set automactically) I want to be able to do 500 or 800. ) am I dreaming ? :dunno

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2006
    CookieS wrote:
    Ive been using this Flash, and it works ( sometimes) I have the manual, i can usually adjust output value to suit me, I have to fiddle sometimes with the zoom? as I always use a long lens and want mostly fill. But I would like to play with high speed sync, on fast moving horses using fill ( when in shaded areas. ) Is it possible with this combo, the manual says it has a ( Auto FP high sppeed sync. But it must be set in camera. I cant find anything other than keeping my highest 250 ss set automactically) I want to be able to do 500 or 800. ) am I dreaming ? ne_nau.gif

Yes, you can use high speed synch with the D2h and the SB-600. On the D2h hit the menu button. Go to the CSM Menu (the pencil icon) and hit enter. From the CSM menu choose e Bracketing/Flash. When you enter the brackering/flash menu choose e1 Flash sync speed. In the flash sync speed settings choose 1/250 (FP auto). This setting will allow you to use the flash at shutter speeds higher than 1/250 sec.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"