Sapphire

camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited May 23, 2006 in People
Another model for the Hot Shots project, meet Sapphire (yeah, her parents were hippies, I'm told).

Sapphire-051606-364.photo

And since I know someone will bring it up, yes, the overexposure was deliberate :D

Comments

• tomthephotographertomthephotographer Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    cambler wrote:
    Another model for the Hot Shots project, meet Sapphire (yeah, her parents were hippies, I'm told).

Sapphire-051606-364.photo

And since I know someone will bring it up, yes, the overexposure was deliberate :D

I like the lighting . the thing by her foot distracts a little. Because I wonder what it is thus it takes eyes away from subject.
    Canon 40D. Lens Sigma 170-500, Tamron 75-300, Quantaray 19-35,
    Bogan Tripod. Gaint Yukon 25' Bike,

Like it or not we most often get what we deserve in the end.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 23, 2006
    I like the lighting . the thing by her foot distracts a little. Because I wonder what it is thus it takes eyes away from subject.
    That's his logo thumb.gif (on all his shots)

I can't help but be a bit overwhelmed by the blown out right side. I get the idea of a blown out background, but it seems to be engulfing your model a bit too much.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    I don't mind how over exposed it is, but the pose looks very awkward to me. Maybe it is the expression on her face?
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    I would have shot this without cutting off her foot and cropping tight to her left.
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    She has really skinny legs. I think my bicep is bigger than her thigh! I guess that is why she can pull off those thigh highs! I see the potential here but maybe it is too blown out, try to pull in some shadow or make it totally highkey. Tell the model I can see the openminded tender soul, I like that part of what I get from the shot. By the way I just realized that black thing was your logo, it is driving me crazy!
    Giselle
  • camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Giselle wrote:
    By the way I just realized that black thing was your logo, it is driving me crazy!

A necessary evil in the circles in which I run. My stuff is regularly copied around - most of the time the copiers are kind and leave in the watermark, so I see it as an evil that I can't really combat.