You win some; you lose some

Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
edited May 23, 2006 in Sports
71067343-L.jpg

My son's soccer team has been struggling this season (to say the least), so it was fun to be able to get a good reaction after they tied up the score this week-end. I know it makes the picture a bit busier, but I like the contrast of the opposing teams keeper on the ground w/ head in his hands... What do you all think?
Colleen
check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Hi Colleen
    I don't mind the opposition keeper, but I'd crop off of the top and right hand side some more. Like the color. Love the expressions!!!

ann
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi Colleen
    I don't mind the opposition keeper, but I'd crop off of the top and right hand side some more. Like the color. Love the expressions!!!

ann

thanks Ann - is this better? I also tried to clone out parts of the extra player on the right (w/ my rudementary PS skills)....
    71183220-L.jpg

cheers,

C.

PS - sounds like you (and everyone) had a great time on the shoot-out. Wish I could have gone:uhoh
    Colleen

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Hey Colleen
    I'd leave the refs head on, and then select the background above the players and gaussian blur it. But yes, I do like the fact that the big smile is now much more clearly the subject.

And yes, I think we all had a fabulous time! Hope you can make the next one!

ann
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    ok, I tried it again (and replaced the pic in the 3rd post). I guess the ref wasn't so bad that I needed to cut off his head:D (it was the ref on the other side that called back our winning goalne_nau.gif )

and tx for the tip on the Gaussian blur - I had heard people mention it, but this gave me reason to check it out and now I have a new tool in my arsenal.

C.
    Colleen