Nostalgic?

smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited May 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any thoughts on this photo?
Shawna
www.shawnaseto.com

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody, not no how.

Join Smugmug get $5 bucks off!

Comments

• erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Hi Shawna,

I rekon that for many Disneyland is something they remember fondly but it doesn't do it for me. It's a nice grab though. You may want to try different crops and emphasize the castle rather than the dark foreground which doesn't hold much detail.

Erich
  • smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    day?
    Does either one of these have any interest?
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

edited May 23, 2006
    thanks for the input...
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

• firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    too bad you couldn't go back in time and take a picture of the old castle.

i think a picture of a ride that hasn't changed so much would be more nostalgic....like dumbo or something..just my opinion. good picture though.
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    I love the first Day one......its just beautiful and perfect clap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Everyones been to Disneyland at least once so having the castle as your subject will definitely evoke old experiences. The darkshot would be better if the photo was sharper, I dont think you used a tripod on it. The day shot is good however, I wouldnt leave it as it is and simply submit it. I would do some post processing work, maybe turn the entire photograph into monochrome and give it an aged/sepia filter and apply a soft black vignette around the entire photograph to eliminate parts of the sky and the people walking on the bottom of the frame. A slight S curve would improve the contrast of the colors or if you turn it to b/w, it would distinguish the blacks grays and whites better. Thats all I can think of for now. Do you happen to have any other shots from your vacation that you may be able to submit for this challenge?

It helps to have more than one or two photos to choose from ;)

Good luck!
    edited May 26, 2006
    Sepia?
    mr peas wrote:
    The day shot is good however, I wouldnt leave it as it is and simply submit it. I would do some post processing work, maybe turn the entire photograph into monochrome and give it an aged/sepia filter and apply a soft black vignette around the entire photograph to eliminate parts of the sky and the people walking on the bottom of the frame. A slight S curve would improve the contrast of the colors or if you turn it to b/w, it would distinguish the blacks grays and whites better. Thats all I can think of for now. Do you happen to have any other shots from your vacation that you may be able to submit for this challenge?

It helps to have more than one or two photos to choose from ;)

Good luck!

Naw, I don't have any others that I can use. Apparently I am nostalgic about that dumb castle cuz its all that I took photos of. Had I known what this challenge was I certainly could have shot with it in mind!
    Anyway this is a sepia version... needs some work but just for comparison...
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    to me a shot of a dad and son or something on the teacups kind of leaning one way would be very nostalgic and bring back memories rather than just the castle... but maybe thats just me.

if i had to choose i'd say the one just above me postthumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com