Flash on Canon D60

Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
edited May 23, 2006 in Cameras
I have very rarely used the built in flash on my D60 (which was purchased used late last summer) but think it did fire it some last Friday. When I went to use it Saturday it wouldn’t fire. I do not have an EX flash as the one from my film days is the 420 EZ. Is there some way that I could have accidently disabled the internal flash? If not, what is the best way to start the repair process at Canon? Which center seems to do the most reliable work? I am in Illinois so neither is particularly close.
Thanks for any advice you can give. An upgrade is not in the picture financially.
Jane

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Jane B. wrote:
    I have very rarely used the built in flash on my D60 (which was purchased used late last summer) but think it did fire it some last Friday. When I went to use it Saturday it wouldn’t fire. I do not have an EX flash as the one from my film days is the 420 EZ. Is there some way that I could have accidently disabled the internal flash? If not, what is the best way to start the repair process at Canon? Which center seems to do the most reliable work? I am in Illinois so neither is particularly close.
    Thanks for any advice you can give. An upgrade is not in the picture financially.
    Jane
    According to the D60 user's manual (pg 88), you can disable both the AF-assist beam and the built-in flash via C.Fn 5 -> 122). Is there any chance you have set (or it got set for you somehow) this function to disable the flash?
  • Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Thanks, Scott
    According to the D60 user's manual (pg 88), you can disable both the AF-assist beam and the built-in flash via C.Fn 5 -> 122). Is there any chance you have set (or it got set for you somehow) this function to disable the flash?

That is what it was. Fn 5 - 3 was on. I don't remember if I ever set it that way. And now think that what I saw out of the corner of my eye and throught was the flash Friday night was just the focus assist beam.
    Jane