Options

Aperture Rebate Issues - Check on Apple!

Bandit959Bandit959 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited May 23, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Hey Folks;
I just wanted to make you aware of what happened with me and my Aperture rebates. In case you don’t know about it, you can follow this link.
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=32450&highlight=aperature+rebate

We have several copies of Aperture in the studio here, and I submitted rebates for all of them at the same time. Most went through without a problem. But I had an issue with 2.

- They transposed a couple of the letters in my e-mail address, so the coupon went nowhere. Even though it bounced, they did not attempt to contact me. I had to inform them of the issue so that they could cancel the old coupon and issue a new one. That was a week ago, and I’m still waiting.
- They mixed up a couple of the letters in the serial number for another. I called them with the correction, but they still rejected the claim. When I spoke with the rep, he verified the serial number was correct, but it was invalid. He said that there was nothing more they could do. I offered to fax him the front page of the installation guide which has the serial number on it. The agreed to keep the claim open while they investigate further. That was a week ago, and still no word.

My recommendation is: if you haven’t heard anything from Apple, to check the status of your rebate. And if they make a mistake like this, you need to follow up with it.

As a side note, when you use the coupon, the value of your purchases must be equal to of greater than your purchase.