New User: Help with Photo Resizing

cindyinnccindyinnc Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited May 23, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi all! Okay, I am fairly new to Smugmug, and so far...I like it. I am just having problems making my pics look crisp and clear on in my galleries. They have jaggies, and plain look like crap.

Here is how I di it. Some of my photos are scanned from negatives by a lab. I may make adjustments in PS. I usually save as JPEG, on maximum quality. Some photos are directly from my digital cam. These are shot in JPEG Fine. Again, I may edit in PS.

Does anyone have a clear explanation of how to save them to make them look good. When cropping, does that totally throw everything off? I mean cropping in PS.

If I can get some help that would be great!!!!:rofl

Thanks
Cindy

Comments

• cindyinnccindyinnc Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Oh, and here is the link to my gallery.

Thanks again
    http://www.ashotbeyond.smugmug.com
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Hiya Cindy wave.gif and welcome to Dgrin.

I don't really see any bad pictures at your site ne_nau.gif When you are saving photos in PhotoShop, save them as quality 10, cropping shouldn't make a difference, but just don't resize them thumb.gif

Hope this helps.
  • cindyinnccindyinnc Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    I should have said this earlier...but it is when the slideshow function is used.

Thanks so much!
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    cindyinnc wrote:
    I should have said this earlier...but it is when the slideshow function is used.

Thanks so much!
    If you have original's turned off, the big slideshow pics are made from the Large pics, if you have Larges turned off, then it uses Mediums to make the big pics..... = jaggies