Shelby G.T 500: Eleanor

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited May 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
The guys who's doing cars in this challenge are gonna' hate me for this, sorry :cry guys! But I just had to do Eleanor from 'Gone in 60 Seconds'. It was recently put up for sale here in Vegas @ the Imperial Palace's Auto Collection /Dealership. These are three images put together with an extra layer for the text with the use of optikverve's vr photo, which I recently discovered and acquired this week :1drink. There's some things I still have to sharpen up and stuff, but this is as close to as what I will like to submit.
What do you guys and gals think?

Eleanor.jpg

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    The guys who's doing cars in this challenge are gonna' hate me for this, sorry :cry guys! But I just had to do Eleanor from 'Gone in 60 Seconds'. It was recently put up for sale here in Vegas @ the Imperial Palace's Auto Collection /Dealership. These are three images put together with an extra layer for the text with the use of optikverve's vr photo, which I recently discovered and acquired this week 1drink.gif. There's some things I still have to sharpen up and stuff, but this is as close to as what I will like to submit.
    What do you guys and gals think?

Eleanor.jpg

mmmmm i want that car.
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    aaahhhh sweet Eleanor ... but personally I thnk I would prefer the all-around sweetness of the 350 over the brute muscle of the 500.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • CharbuCharbu Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Fantastic Car. Brings back memories of hot summer nights driving around town, looking for boys in cool cars. The only thing I could thing of to change on your photo is take a little of the shine out of the driver’s side of the windshield. It seems to be right in the middle of the photo. Other than that it's a really good piece of work.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    When I look at this the one think I want to see is more detail.....I wonder what it would look like a little brighter?

That said, good job, I like it! Oh, and yes I think it's a good entry, and I don't hate ya. :-)

Sam
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Yup, that was one of my favorite Movies too Mr Peas....so, yup, it works for Nostalgia for me in more ways than one clap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    wow
    IMHO it look like a Ch. terminator rolleyes1.gif.
    iloveyou.gifclap
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    SWEEEEEEEET clap.gif perfect - will agree just a tad lighter.
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Hey thanks for your thoughts. I made the car 'lighter' and removed the glare from the windshield. I made a couple of areas sharper, overall I think it looks much better. Give it a look:

Cobra.jpg
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Oh yeah, way cool :Dclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Very Nice, and did you mean the virual photgrapher program, or is there a new one ??
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    Hey thanks for your thoughts. I made the car 'lighter' and removed the glare from the windshield. I made a couple of areas sharper, overall I think it looks much better. Give it a look:

Better! So far this is the one I'm voting for. :D

Sam
    edited May 24, 2006
    CookieS wrote:
    Very Nice, and did you mean the virual photgrapher program, or is there a new one ??

thanks Sam! being a car guy myself, i might just pick yours too! :D

And cookies, its virtual photographer yep. great little free program huh?
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    I liked the first version but the second one is even better. Very nicely done. I liked that movie a lot also. It's definitely a good entry. thumb.gif

Erich
  • RopinaMomentRopinaMoment Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2006
    Very nice! thumb.gif Great job, and what a treat to be able to see that car in person! I love that movie.
  • SeattleYatesSeattleYates Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    erich6 wrote:
    I liked the first version but the second one is even better. Very nicely done. I liked that movie a lot also. It's definitely a good entry. thumb.gif

Erich

Ditto all that! clap.gif
    Bruce Yates
    Seattle, WA

Canon 5D MkII and 1Ds MkII (used mostly underwater), 1D MkIII for topside

www.UnderwaterReflections.com (my Smugmug site, customized by DGrinner jerryr)

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it. WC Fields
    edited May 25, 2006
    Very nice! thumb.gif Great job, and what a treat to be able to see that car in person! I love that movie.

Oh yeah definitely. Its free to see it, just go to their website:

http://autocollections.com/index.cfm?action=free&tab=free

When you're ever in Vegas, come to Imperial Palace, go to their 5th floor in the garage, and thats where it is. Print out that coupon and you get in for free. A lot of cool cars there as well.

Here's some more photos I took:

http://pnoise.com/thirdeye/v/Cars/ImperialPalace/
    edited May 26, 2006
    Final Copy
    Final copy:

ch65nostalgiaEleanor.jpg

I think thats how far I'll be able to take it, def a big difference from the beginning!
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    Final copy:

ch65nostalgiaEleanor.jpg

I think thats how far I'll be able to take it, def a big difference from the beginning!

Peas

I think thats a cracking image. I would be simply perfect as a poster thumb.gifD

Cheers

HarjTT

thumb.gifD
    edited May 26, 2006
    oh man im thinking the same thing. i so love this car!!