Cold Stream Guards - The Queens Cavalry

harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited June 7, 2006 in People
Another 1 hour shoot straight after work today, although I hadn't planned to shoot the Cold Stream Guards until I was half way home.

Here's the shoot.

1. A Cold Stream Guard

71203660-L.jpg

2. Close up of the uniform

71205758-L.jpg

3. the Dude's back - I might put this oen in for the challeneg but not quiet sure.

71207817-L.jpg

4. The feet/boots

71190571-L.jpg

5. The sabre

71205516-L.jpg

6. Another Guard - this one even speaks, although not too politely :huh:)::D

71203592-L.jpg

7. A bit of nostalgia ??? Looked fine on my mac in PSHop but on my PC its way too dark and you can't make out the guard at all. (Just rebuilt the pc and haven't installed PSHOP back so tha could be it)

71187001-L.jpg

8. the talking guard again

71187890-M.jpg

9. Changing the guard

71207267-L.jpg

Any comments would be seriously cool :thumb:D and tips on what gamma point to set the XP machine.

Cheers

HarjTT

:thumb:D

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    Gamma 2.2, temp 6500 Kelvin.

This is handy.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    I really like the first one. But his skin tone seems too red and contrasty. Dude's back is great, maybe lighten up his back a bit for more detail.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Beautiful, publication-quality shots. Congrats on good work!
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    I really like the first one. But his skin tone seems too red and contrasty. Dude's back is great, maybe lighten up his back a bit for more detail.

Hi Sid

Thanks for pointing out the skin tone on the first. I'll see if I can fix it and also lighten up the dude's back. The FZ has a tendy to over exposue so I always end up underexposing by -1/3 to -1 and the skin tone problem I think was down to me trying to fix the WB on the shot which was blown out a bit. Only problem with the cam is lack of RAW and a bigger sensor but i'm being pateint before I upgrade the cam.

Helddown, thanks for the comment mate.thumb.gif

Cheers

HarjTT

:Dthumb.gif
  • fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Nice shots. I really like the traditions that the British Monarchy and people adhere to. Although I would have liked to see the Scottish Regiments remain independent, I guess that is just the way the world turns.
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Nice work. Love the sharp, punchy, contrasty photos. The first is a little harsh on his face -- but it's nor really about "him" is it -- it's about the uniform.

Great detail shots.

Lee
  • SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    The lighting couldn't have been better. Excellent set!
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    fire1035 wrote:
    Nice shots. I really like the traditions that the British Monarchy and people adhere to. Although I would have liked to see the Scottish Regiments remain independent, I guess that is just the way the world turns.

Hi Billy

I too would have liked to have taken pictures of the Royal Scottish Regiments - I did hear the pipes on the way to the House hold cavalry but he was loner piper and not with any of the regiments. If you didn't know they combined all six Scottish regiments today into a single super regiment, a real shame if you ask me.ne_nau.gif

Cheers

HarjTT

thumb.gifD
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    Very nice series well photographed thanks for sharing
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • tomthephotographertomthephotographer Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    Great Shots
    I like the Colors
    Detail is interesting.
    Canon 40D. Lens Sigma 170-500, Tamron 75-300, Quantaray 19-35,
    Bogan Tripod. Gaint Yukon 25' Bike,

Like it or not we most often get what we deserve in the end.