Switching over to selling, few questions

NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
edited May 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I am thinking of selling some photos, but for the most part my previous ones have not been saved in huge sizes, just the original. So I'd probably have alot of work to do to start over.

A few questions please.
Would it be best to start just a few albums, and go from there with newly available larger for printing size uploaded, or should I just keep them on my HD if anyone wants one? How does that work?

And do they really have to be 12MB in size to be successfull with 11x16s?

Is there a faster way to do this other than processing original and then making a copy for the album? What is the standard way of selling and preparing the album and the photos involved?

Thanks so much for any insight!:):

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2006
    wave.gif Hi Linda
    Netgarden wrote:
    I am thinking of selling some photos, but for the most part my previous ones have not been saved in huge sizes, just the original. So I'd probably have alot of work to do to start over.
    Originals are juust fine. No need to upres, our lab will handle it deal.gif
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality
    Netgarden wrote:
    A few questions please.
    Would it be best to start just a few albums, and go from there with newly available larger for printing size uploaded, or should I just keep them on my HD if anyone wants one? How does that work?
    You'll need to have the files on SmugMug ready to print. The full-size, originals.
    Netgarden wrote:
    And do they really have to be 12MB in size to be successfull with 11x16s?
    No - not at all. Read up on that link above..
    Netgarden wrote:
    Is there a faster way to do this other than processing original and then making a copy for the album? What is the standard way of selling and preparing the album and the photos involved?

Thanks so much for any insight!:):

There's not really a standard - process as you normally would and upload as many pixels of the original file as possible.
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Hi Linda

Originals are juust fine. No need to upres, our lab will handle it deal.gif
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality

You'll need to have the files on SmugMug ready to print. The full-size, originals.

No - not at all. Read up on that link above..

There's not really a standard - process as you normally would and upload as many pixels of the original file as possible.
    Hi Andy, thanks for answering my questions and the link.
    Oh one more ?? I have been saving recent photos on my hard drive in tiff. Can they be uploaded here or need to be jpgs? tnks
    I need to get cracking here...rolleyes1.gif thanks, have a good weekend.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2006
    Netgarden wrote:
    Hi Andy, thanks for answering my questions and the link.
    Oh one more ?? I have been saving recent photos on my hard drive in tiff. Can they be uploaded here or need to be jpgs? tnks
    I need to get cracking here...rolleyes1.gif thanks, have a good weekend.
    Convet to JPG, save as level 10 or 11

Cheers!