Pride

is300soonis300soon Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited May 24, 2006 in Holy Macro
I have the color version that I would love to learn how to keep the sky black and white and the flag stays in color.....

IMG_5343-2.jpg

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 24, 2006
    there are a number of ways to do this...

My favorite is to make a new layer which is a copy of the image and do all your b/w conversion on this layer (many methods for this as well). Then mask off this layer and brush away where the flag is. Since most of it is in white clouds, you shouldn't have to worry too much about keeping "in the lines".

If you're looking for more detailed steps, why don't you surf over to the How To section and read up on some advanced photoshop techniques.

thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    This is Excellent Shot and i loved BW version alot it is very easy to convert into BW axcept Flag
    Just select the flag with selection tool and invert selection
    thats all do anything on selected area you have to post a thread in PS area to get fine tips thumb.gif
    Superb Picture
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • is300soonis300soon Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    thanks guys, im going to work on it after the holiday... Im going to a cabin near yosemite this weekend so i might get some other cool shots.

Here is color

IMG_5343-1.jpg