Central Park Ir's

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited May 26, 2006 in Holy Macro
71391136-M.jpgStill trying to get a handle on this stuff.

71391281-M.jpg

71390898-M.jpg

Comments

• mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    4labs wrote:
    71391136-M.jpgStill trying to get a handle on this stuff.

71391281-M.jpg

71390898-M.jpg

Well I'd say you have it well under control, that second shot is just magic thumb.gif
    May I take your picture?
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Oh Yeah clap.gif for that second shot. Got that one nailed perfect!
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    I love the middle one! Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of detail instead of what seem to be pitch black buildings. But the sky is fantastic, as re the people, the grass and the trees. Love that tasty ultra wide angle work. What lens and body, Eric?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    I'm going to go against the grain here. I prefer #1. The others are very nice also but I like the use of the trees for framing in the first shot. Your really getting good at this labs, keep em coming.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    I love the middle one! Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of detail instead of what seem to be pitch black buildings. But the sky is fantastic, as re the people, the grass and the trees. Love that tasty ultra wide angle work. What lens and body, Eric?

Thnxs Sid,
    I use a modified D100 and a 12-24 lens that I just got after borrowing Mitchell's I really like it for this stuff. I totally agree about showing more detaill in the buildings. There is more detail than is showing on here but I still am going to dodge the buildings a bit more..
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    I'm going to go against the grain here. I prefer #1. The others are very nice also but I like the use of the trees for framing in the first shot. Your really getting good at this labs, keep em coming.

I don't consider it "going against the grain". IR photography is a fine art whether taken in color or B&W. I prefer B&W but I've done some false color too. Yes the trees frame this image to perfection and it is a lovely color.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    boogie wrote:
    I don't consider it "going against the grain". IR photography is a fine art whether taken in color or B&W. I prefer B&W but I've done some false color too. Yes the trees frame this image to perfection and it is a lovely color.

headscratch.gif
    I meant about liking #1.
    I enjoy colored and B&W IR.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    One more
    71483936-M.jpg
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    thumb.gif 2nd is marvel i loved sky and buildngs
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery