washed out color question

SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
edited May 25, 2006 in Finishing School
I apologize if this has already been covered. I did a search and saw some similar things, but not exactly my problem.

I just recently started shooting raw, and originally was using Capture One to edit my raw photos, however, after reading so much on this website about ACR, I decided to try it out. I found this thread http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=285531&postcount=3 and set up ACR the same way, etc.

I was using CS to begin with, but borrowed a copy of CS2 from a friend. Now when I open a raw photo in cs2 and try to save it, I'm unable to save as a jpeg. I've tried saving as a PSD and then going back in and saving as JPEG, but I still don't get the option. This causes a problem if I need to do any work in photoshop after ACR.

So I've been just using ACR to save my photos as jpegs, everything looks good on the computer until I upload the jpegs to a website, then all the colors look washed out. Do I have a setting wrong? Could it be the RGB settings, the fact that I have it set as 16bit?

Also, any ideas on saving to jpeg in CS2, I'm thinking maybe I should just go back to CS? Or could I just be missing a plugin or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and here's an example to show you what i'm talking about.

71391394-M.jpg

Now just picture that with much brighter colors because thats what it should look like.
bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM

Comments