Inserting Date Stamps

OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited May 25, 2006 in Finishing School
OK, here is what I'm looking at:

1. Some photos that I take for work need to have the date stamp displayed on the photo for when I print them.

2. I don't want to date stamp ALL my photos by activating the date stamp function in my camera (a Nikon D50).

3. I am using a program at work called ACDSee 7.0 (No Photoshop on this work computer).

Question - how can I insert the date and time the photo was taken (which I know is embedded in the EXIF data) onto (some of) my photos after I've taken the picture and uploaded it to my work computer?

Some of you MUST have come accross this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]

Comments

• AnthonyAnthony Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Oakley wrote:
    OK, here is what I'm looking at:

1. Some photos that I take for work need to have the date stamp displayed on the photo for when I print them.

2. I don't want to date stamp ALL my photos by activating the date stamp function in my camera (a Nikon D50).

3. I am using a program at work called ACDSee 7.0 (No Photoshop on this work computer).

Question - how can I insert the date and time the photo was taken (which I know is embedded in the EXIF data) onto (some of) my photos after I've taken the picture and uploaded it to my work computer?

Some of you MUST have come accross this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Check out the caption maker script at http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

It may be of help to you...

Anthony.
  • OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Anthony wrote:
    Check out the caption maker script at http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

It may be of help to you...

Anthony.

Thanks Anthony, but that Russell Brown site is for Photoshop. I don't have photoshop.

Appreciate the post though.
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]