Possibles for Challenge 65

harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited May 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took these shots a couple of days ago.Although not what i was orginially intending to take but they could have potential for the challenge. So what do you think ?

1. the Dude

71207817-L-1.jpg

2. 71187001-L-1.jpg

I missed a couple of cracking shots today on the way from work as I didnt have the cam with me - the best was when an old Ford Mustang in what looked like original light blue paint work stopped at the traffic lights.

Cheers

HarJTT

:D:thumb

Comments

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Hey there, the b/w photo with the whtie border is something worth submitting. I like the way the two people walking are in full silohuette but the guard isnt. I was going to say to crop it, but I realized it really doesnt need any cropping. It reminds me of visiting landmarks late in the afternoon, very memorable. Def send that one in, good luck!
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    Hey there, the b/w photo with the whtie border is something worth submitting. I like the way the two people walking are in full silohuette but the guard isnt. I was going to say to crop it, but I realized it really doesnt need any cropping. It reminds me of visiting landmarks late in the afternoon, very memorable. Def send that one in, good luck!
    Mr Peas

Thanks for the input. I'm going to try and see if I can get the other subject on the weekend and will decide after that.

Cheers

HarjTT

thumb.gifD
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    I think #1 is absolutely beautiful, and interesting with his back to us clap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    I like #2 better. It's a very nice composition. The only thing I wish you could have gotten was the complete arch of the gate to complete the framing element.

Erich
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    erich6 wrote:
    I like #2 better. It's a very nice composition. The only thing I wish you could have gotten was the complete arch of the gate to complete the framing element.

Erich

Hi Erich

Thanks for pointing out that the top of arch being missing and i can see how it seems to take away something from the shot. However, with the weather being as bad as it is in London I'm not sure if I'll have the chance to retake the shot or to take my other idea. If the sun breaks out I will attempt it again.

Brig, thanks for the comment on the 1st pic. Just wishing I had him centered.

Cheers

HarjTT
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    harjtt wrote:
    Hi Erich

Thanks for pointing out that the top of arch being missing and i can see how it seems to take away something from the shot. However, with the weather being as bad as it is in London I'm not sure if I'll have the chance to retake the shot or to take my other idea. If the sun breaks out I will attempt it again.

Brig, thanks for the comment on the 1st pic. Just wishing I had him centered.

Cheers

HarjTT

I bet you could make him "look" centered with "perspective" in photoshop or GIMP.....somebody just pointed that out to me this week........
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii