Sonora at The Conga Room

SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
edited May 27, 2006 in People
Shot a musical group "Sonora" at The Conga Room in West Los Angeles. The snaps can be found here:

http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/1494699

71619363-L.jpg

71619157-L.jpg
My snaps can be found here:
Unsharp at any Speed

Comments

• SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    wow ... all the comments disappeared ... oh well ... here's another snap

71689256-L.jpg
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    Very beautiful captures i have heard concerts are very difficult you did well :):
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    Nice series, Gary. I like your black and white conversions also. Your shots really take on a portrait quality, not just your typical shots of the band. What lens did you use?

I like this one....thumb.gif

71619371-M.jpg
    edited May 27, 2006
    Very beautiful captures i have heard concerts are very difficult you did well :):

Concerts which are held in a large arena are great to shoot because the lighting is intense and dramatic. But this was in a night club ... poor lighting ... and very tight quarters. I find the challenge of overcoming difficult shooting situations is as satisfying as capturing a good image. Thanks for your comment ... you take care. Hey, Awais, what's the weather like over in Pakistan right about now?
    Unsharp at any Speed
    edited May 27, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Nice series, Gary. I like your black and white conversions also. Your shots really take on a portrait quality, not just your typical shots of the band. What lens did you use?

I like this one....thumb.gif

71619371-M.jpg

Saurora-

You are too kind. I used Canon's 10-22 EF-S, 24-70L 2.8 and the 70-200L 2.8. The little drummer boy (above) was at 200, 2.8, 1/200 at 1600. I really enjoy the B&Ws ...there are times when I consider total conversion, B&W only ... but when all you eat is desserts ... then the Creme Bruele becomes pedestrian. (I was pleased with the above image also ... just goes to show that if you shoot a ton ... you're bound to get lucky.)
    Unsharp at any Speed