*Challenge 25, by ginger, comments welcome

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited November 5, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
The World Seems Different Lately: photography by ginger

10751877-L.jpg

I posted it, I am happy!
Welcome to my world, uh, Huh!

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2004
    I love it!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2004
    Political/social humor
    10751869-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2004
    The Cat And The Man
    10751876-L.jpg

Something draws me to this as humor, the way they are absolutely not relating at all, each in his own world.

Instead of putting a specific title telling the viewer what the humor is, I left it open a bit, so others could feel this photograph in their own way. Perhaps, amusingly, they won't even find it humorous.

ginger
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2004
    Old Fashioned Humor...... same photo
    10751885-L.jpg

For those who don't want their humor political.
  • Options
    -IAN--IAN- Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 2, 2004
    Come on mom give us a political one!:D :D:D

-J
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2004
    What happens to the eggs? Very creative of you Ginger

ginger_55 wrote:
    The World Seems Different Lately: photography by ginger

10751877-L.jpg

I posted it, I am happy!
    Welcome to my world, uh, Huh!

ginger
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2004
    Sandy wrote:
    What happens to the eggs? Very creative of you Ginger
    To be honest, I know nothing about shore and marsh birds, never did, and I have forgotten what I knew about other birds. I have been guessing from the plumage that this might be a male.

Now what kind I don't know. A white peacock???

There is a very talkative worker feeding them and stuff. I can't understand a word he says.

I went for humor, thought there was none, but took shots anyway. The cat was funny just being a cat. I did "understand" the man to say that was a funny cat. But it might have been something you had to be there to "feel".

Other shots I just took, I have enough memory to waste some. I was sitting talking to Bill when I saw that bird sitting on the fence. I saw the light shining through and stuff, had to have the photo. Took it, then what?

Obscurity as a beautiful bird, or fame/recognition as a bird suddenly living life "upside down". It might be difficult for the bird, but I like it, smile. Nice playing one of the greek gods. I pulled that bird's strings.rolleyes1.gif

Thanks, ginger
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2004
    Uh Oh, Happened again!
    10815207-L.jpg

Day after the general USA election, 2004
    Photography by ginger
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2004
    rolleyes1.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2004
    This latesty title with this shot is the funniest I think. It doesnt matter which side of the fence you sit on the humor can be seen.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2004
    This latesty title with this shot is the funniest I think. It doesnt matter which side of the fence you sit on the humor can be seen.
    Mike, you would not believe the number of people I sent this to, other lists, my family, etc. who did not think this was funny at all. (I am not sure they would have thought anything was funny.)

I guess I take that back for one of my daughter's, she thought it was funny, but had to work a double shift the day after the elections, so she didn't see it til yesterday. She said that Silly Bird would understand why she was late in responding.

I just don't think it will be relevant by the time we actually have the challenge.

I went to the beach with the dogs this morning. I just had to, they have not been for ages. Few people there, the funniest thing I saw was when I checked my ISO in the car, as I was leaving, and I had been shooting on 1600 in the sun again. I have one photo I will post. This stuff makes me exhausted. I love your rock and the the sudsy camera, that is what comes to mind. But I am still going to the fair tomorrow........... I have no clue what to look for in humor, but I will give it a shot.

Then Sunday morning, I am taking the opportunity to go look at birds, early morning (mostly want to get into the plantation very early for sweeter light), but it occurred to me that maybe if I watch very careful one of the bird people will be funny?????

I am already tired..........smile. Thanks for looking here. Silly Bird will become a member of my family. That is an interesting part of these challenges, doing stuff I would not do, well, I might not get anywhere with the challenge, but I gained a bird that talks.

ginger
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2004
    Maybe this is an Australian bird ... (they're upside down there aren't they? :D )
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2004
    digismile that is funny!

Took my dog, Yorkshire Terrier, 5 lb dog, to the beach along with the Corgis this morning.

This is what I got out of it...........and what she got out of it, too. No, she had fun, but got out of this position in a hurry! g

10919914-L.jpg

OK, the 1600 ISO hurt a few shots. I have already changed it to 100 for tomorrow. Wonder what I can do wrong next.