Camera Problem Canon 1dMkIIn

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited May 27, 2006 in Cameras
I have a 1dmkII which focuses spot-on with my lenses. I purchased a 1dmkIIn (needed a backup) and it front focused with my lenses (verified by several hundred action shots). Switched it for a new one and it also front focuses but doesn't seem as bad (tested 20 shots at an angled target).

What should I do? suggestions?
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    Strange, is the firmware up to date?

I think I have heard of people sending their cameras and lenses to Canon to be calibrated, at least I think that is what was done. I guess you would have to contact Canon. ne_nau.gif
  • BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    patch29 wrote:
    Strange, is the firmware up to date?

I think I have heard of people sending their cameras and lenses to Canon to be calibrated, at least I think that is what was done. I guess you would have to contact Canon. ne_nau.gif

Just got the camera today and it has the newest firmware preloaded - 1.1.0.

Seems as though Canon would make focus adjustable by the consumer.
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
    edited May 26, 2006
    Bodley wrote:
    Seems as though Canon would make focus adjustable by the consumer.

It has been a long time since I have heard about front or back focus issues. ne_nau.gif
    edited May 26, 2006
    patch29 wrote:
    It has been a long time since I have heard about front or back focus issues. ne_nau.gif

Surely you jest.

I know sending it to Canon with the lenses is a solution but it's a busy time and I can't wait a month for my equipment.
    Greg
    edited May 26, 2006
    Bodley wrote:
    Surely you jest.

I know sending it to Canon with the lenses is a solution but it's a busy time and I can't wait a month for my equipment.

I don't know. I just have not heard of this lately or the ability to re-calibrate on your own. I wish I had an answer, but I do not. ne_nau.gif
    edited May 26, 2006
    patch29 wrote:
    I don't know. I just have not heard of this lately or the ability to re-calibrate on your own. I wish I had an answer, but I do not. ne_nau.gif

Thanks for the replies :D
    Greg
    edited May 27, 2006
    Not a basher.
    ear.gif

Don't get me wrong - I'm not bashing this camera (or maker) b/c I understand how this can happen. I love my canon equipment. Just Looking for suggestions.
    Greg