Thoughts, critique, suggestions

MTagMTag Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited May 28, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
1.71743239-M.jpg
2.71743786-M.jpg
3.71744172-M.jpg
4.71746254-M.jpg
I oversharpened a couple of them then blurred the background to help "focus"...Potential? Start over?

Comments

• sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    I like the photo of the entire bottle opener because it shows the whole opener, but I like the second one for its clarity and shine......they are all nice I thinkclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    I like the concept of both ideas. The AM/FM radio just isn't a very interesting shot to me. My pick would be #2. The blurred effect doesn't grab me in the other shots and the tone of the background is kind of blah. I'm wondering if you have attempted this in black and white or toned???? I would give it a try. But I do like it as is.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    I like the concept of both ideas. The AM/FM radio just isn't a very interesting shot to me. My pick would be #2. The blurred effect doesn't grab me in the other shots and the tone of the background is kind of blah. I'm wondering if you have attempted this in black and white or toned???? I would give it a try. But I do like it as is.

15524779-Ti.gif Work the background a bit on the first one and reshoot for added depth-of-field. I think you are on to something here though.

Erich
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2006
    Old Coca Cola bottles are very nostalgic, we've all opened one up before. However a bottle opener is just as nostalgic. I'm not sure how, but you have to put that subject into some type of context rather than just shooting it by itself. In other words try reshooting it with some old bottles if you have some. I'm sure you can find some other way in taking the photograph.

The same with the radio, I think youll have a better chance with that because you can mate that with almost anything else. You can put an Ipod next to it, keeping the radio in b/w while keeping the Ipod in its natural white luster. That would definitely be cool. I hope you have a chance to try it out before its too late. Good luck
  • MTagMTag Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2006
    Thanks all!
    I appreciate the feedback. You all are a very creative bunch...thumb.gif