Please, when are you going to fix the Keyword bug ?

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited May 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2006
    Antonio, i see no reference to a password problem in the thread you are linking to ne_nau.gif
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Antonio, i see no reference to a password problem in the thread you are linking to ne_nau.gif
    Sorry. Not Password.
    This was fixed.
    Password problem.
    Thank you
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2006
    Sorry. Not Password.
    This was fixed.
    Password problem.
    Thank you
    Okay, problem fixed

EDIT, oh okay, i see you changed it to keyword. The keyword problem described in the other thread, is not a bug, but it is they way it is supposed to be. Bulk-changing keywords does so for the entire gallery, not for a selected keyword.
    edited May 27, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Okay, problem fixed

EDIT, oh okay, i see you changed it to keyword. The keyword problem described in the other thread, is not a bug, but it is they way it is supposed to be. Bulk-changing keywords does so for the entire gallery, not for a selected keyword.
    1. Am I logged in at
    www.antoniocorreia.com
    2. At the bottom I see for 'europe' 101 photos and for 'portugal' 114 photos.
    3. As Portugal is in Europe I want to add 'europe' to 13 photos containing the word 'portugal'.
    4. I clik on 'portugal'
    ( http://antoniocorreia.smugmug.com/keyword/portugal )
    5. I choose tools Edit Captions/Keywords in bulk
    6. I get 160 photos ( ? )
    7. The keyword for the
    150 th is 'baby lion mother namibia animal desert africa deserto bebe' ; for the
    130th is 'brasil pantanal shop loja native nativa girl rapariga "latin america" "america latina"'
    and so forth.
    8. I do not understand this.
    9. The photos containing 'portugal' are scatered in different galleries.

Question: Shouldn't the selected photos be only those containing 'portugal'?
    Why only 160 photos and not all the photos I have at this moment (540) ?

If I did not made myself clear let me know.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 27, 2006
    1. Am I logged in at
    www.antoniocorreia.com
    2. At the bottom I see for 'europe' 101 photos and for 'portugal' 114 photos.
    3. As Portugal is in Europe I want to add 'europe' to 13 photos containing the word 'portugal'.
    4. I clik on 'portugal'
    ( http://antoniocorreia.smugmug.com/keyword/portugal )
    5. I choose tools Edit Captions/Keywords in bulk
    6. I get 160 photos ( ? )
    7. The keyword for the
    150 th is 'baby lion mother namibia animal desert africa deserto bebe' ; for the
    130th is 'brasil pantanal shop loja native nativa girl rapariga "latin america" "america latina"'
    and so forth.
    8. I do not understand this.
    9. The photos containing 'portugal' are scatered in different galleries.

Question: Shouldn't the selected photos be only those containing 'portugal'?
    Why only 160 photos and not all the photos I have at this moment (540) ?

If I did not made myself clear let me know.

This isn't a bug.

The bulk editing tool for captions and keywords works on a per-gallery basis. So if you use the photo tools menu below a photo, no matter where that photo is, the tools are for that photo and the other photos in the photo's gallery.

Does that make sense?
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited May 27, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    This isn't a bug.

The bulk editing tool for captions and keywords works on a per-gallery basis. So if you use the photo tools menu below a photo, no matter where that photo is, the tools are for that photo and the other photos in the photo's gallery.

Does that make sense?
    Sorry but that doesn't make sense to me. ne_nau.gif
    I have to lieve with it because it is what we have.
    I am sorry and I do not like it.

I still do not understand how the keyword 'portugal' gives me photos whitch have nothing to do with that word.
    Assuming such a criteria SmugMug could give me 234 random photos ... or more or less ...
    Well... We all will survive ...
    Thank you. ( thumb.gif Thum down )
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 27, 2006

I still do not understand how the keyword 'portugal' gives me photos whitch have nothing to do with that word.
    Not exactly. When you click on the 'Portugal' keyword, it serves up all of your photos that have that keyword. The keywords were designed for easily finding and browsing photos, not for editing and making changes to the photos.

The bulk tools were designed to operate on the photos and galleries themselves, since that is where people usually want to use them. I can see how that would be inconvenient in your case, but it is functioning in a logical manner right now.

It would be nice if the tools also functioned in the manner you described, but I will have to check with our engineer to see if that is a possible addition.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited May 27, 2006
    Not exactly. When you click on the 'Portugal' keyword, it serves up all of your photos that have that keyword. and others which do not have the required word They keywords were designed for easily finding and browsing photos, not for editing and making changes to the photos. I do not want to edit the pictures. Just want to change their keyword.

The bulk tools were designed to operate on the photos and galleries themselves,
    but I am inside a gallery (!) since that is where people usually want to use them. I can see how that would be inconvenient in your case, but it is functioning in a logical manner right now. not for me

It would be nice if the tools also functioned in the manner you described, but I will have to check with our engineer to see if that is a possible addition.
    Thank you. Thumb down.