ouch!!

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited June 28, 2006 in Sports
Poster encouraging "Alligator Hands" :huh

71898462-M.jpg
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2006
    oh no.. :cry
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    poor little dude
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 31, 2006
    That's exactly what athletic supporters are for :uhoh Uncomfortable as they may be, they do protect da jewels.

Nice timing, on your part, though....Laughing.gif And you've got to tell that little guy that he's a stud for hanging in there and keeping the ball in front of him thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    Keep your eye on the ball!
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    CookieS wrote:
    poor little dude
    not anymore
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Keep your eye on the ball!

... I think he got it backwards. Instead, he kept the ball on his ...
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited June 1, 2006
    Wow! I guess the only saving grace is that it's not a 90mph fast ball
    to the slats :eek!

Nice capture though.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    I never did learn to pitch with a cup. Maybe he'll learn early and get used to the idea. Never caught one like that, but I've got points on my shoulders, arms and thighs that still feel bruised... years after the "OH SHI#" moment as a ball gets laced right back at you-dear lord. Competitive spirit an' all, I could never just dodge the frickin thing.

Enough glory days b.s.; that shot looks photoshopped (sorry if I'm blowin' up your spot). He's in a good fielding position, so that shouldn't happen to begin with. Second, he appears to be shifting to his right, meaning the ball was coming at him at a slight left angle. So, either he has super slow reaction (both with his hands and with his nervous system registering "I just got hit in the nuts") or the ball travelled through his glove arm. Plus, at that age, unless an over-zealous father was hitting fungos (and, if so, why the uniform?... pregame?), the ball would not be struck so hard as to catch him so severely off guard.

His throwing arm is a little behind in getting over his glove, but he's young and has the right idea. So be honest... is this a really cool shot photoshopped to perfection or did I err in my analysis?

-LeDude
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2006
    LeDude wrote:

His throwing arm is a little behind in getting over his glove, but he's young and has the right idea. So be honest... is this a really cool shot photoshopped to perfection or did I err in my analysis?

-LeDude

Sorry for the delayed response.

Sorry again but your wrong. If I was photoshopping, the ball (that's the baseball) would have been whiter and I would have picked a better shot, (more pop) to start with. Besides I'm not good enough with photoshop to add the contact marks (shadow and wrinkles) the ball is making on his pants.

Good guess but I try to keep my sports shots true to what I shoot. thumb.gif
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    Bodley wrote:
    Sorry for the delayed response.

Sorry again but your wrong. If I was photoshopping, the ball (that's the baseball) would have been whiter and I would have picked a better shot, (more pop) to start with. Besides I'm not good enough with photoshop to add the contact marks (shadow and wrinkles) the ball is making on his pants.

Good guess but I try to keep my sports shots true to what I shoot. thumb.gif

cool, hey-I tried :D

man... what a viscious hop; it hasn't scared him off the game I hope
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • scoobscoob Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    ooooooooo, thats gotta hurt!!
    -Michael
    Camera - my little olympus point and shoot