Smugmug Style

NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited May 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
When I view a gallery using Smugmug style, my screen only shows 4 rows of 3 pictures on each row for a total of 12 small pictures and the large picture to the right. The style actually displays 15 small pictures, but I have to use my scroll bar to view the bottom row. There's nothing to indicate there are three more pictures to view on each page.

Is this how that style displays on all screens? I know it displays on my sister's screen this way and she viewed an entire gallery of 4 pages without once realizing there were three pictures she was missing on each page (I watched her).

I took out my custom header thinking maybe it would help with the scrolling, but the bottom row is still hidden.

What can I do now to fix this problem? Do I have to customize? is there a simple CSS code that will only display 12 small pictures in the Smugmug style?

Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2006
    A *specific* gallery link where you see this problem please. I can't replicate it on your site.

http://yolanda.smugmug.com/gallery/521398

Andy
  • NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2006
    Andy, this happens on all my galleries. But I'll just pick one:
    http://yolanda.smugmug.com/gallery/1500027/1/71936729

And just in case you view this differently, here's what I see when I go to that gallery. Notice the bottom three pictures are completely hidden with no clue that they are there (except to scroll).

71969373-M.jpg
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:

And just in case you view this differently, here's what I see when I go to that gallery. Notice the bottom three pictures are completely hidden with no clue that they are there (except to scroll).

71969373-Ti.jpg

Hi Yolanda,

This is probably due to the fact that your resolution is somewhere around 1024 x 768 pixels.

The fact that there is a scrollbar on the right side, is an indication that there is more to the page lower. If the complete page is shown, no scrollbars will be present.

When people have a higher resolution set, they will most likely not get the scrollbars, and see the entire screen.

This is what i see.

71971062-M.jpg

Hope this helps.
    edited May 28, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:

71969373-M.jpg

I do see it differently
    71971520-L.jpg

What screen resolution are you using? ear.gif
    edited May 28, 2006
    I just got a new computer and I didn't change the resolution, so I assume it's the default setting. It's set at 1024 x 768.
    edited May 28, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    I just got a new computer and I didn't change the resolution, so I assume it's the default setting. It's set at 1024 x 768.
    you have a scroll bar on the right, yes?
    edited May 28, 2006
    Yes, I do have a scroll bar on the right. I just feel the screen gives the impression that there is no need to scroll. I know I have to scroll. But I am concerned that family members that are viewing the gallery may not realize it. And I witnessed this when my sister ignored the scroll bar.

I guess it's up to me to educate my family members!
    edited May 28, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    Yes, I do have a scroll bar on the right. I just feel the screen gives the impression that there is no need to scroll. I know I have to scroll. But I am concerned that family members that are viewing the gallery may not realize it. And I witnessed this when my sister ignored the scroll bar.

I guess it's up to me to educate my family members!
    Yolanda,

on 1024x768, here's what you should see with smugmug style:

71982671-L.jpg
    edited May 28, 2006
    And here's what I see. Any suggestions on why it's different on my computer? I do appreciate your help on this.

71985416-M.jpg
    edited May 28, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    And here's what I see. Any suggestions on why it's different on my computer? I do appreciate your help on this.

71985416-M.jpg
    yes, fat status bar, and bookmarks bar.
    edited May 28, 2006
    Andy, thanks again for your help.
    I got rid of my status bar and bookmark bar. It's better, but not quite there. I can live with this though. It looks like you've hit F11 to really maximize your screen. Again, it's a matter of education. I just need to make my family members aware that they have to either 1) get rid of their status and bookmark bar; or 2) Use the F11 key or 3) make sure they use the scroll bar.

I was just trying to create a viewing experience where I didn't have to advise people how to set up their computers just to make sure they don't miss any pictures!

Again thank you!

71992011-M.jpg
    edited May 28, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    Andy, thanks again for your help.
    I got rid of my status bar and bookmark bar. It's better, but not quite there. I can live with this though. It looks like you've hit F11 to really maximize your screen. Again, it's a matter of education. I just need to make my family members aware that they have to either 1) get rid of their status and bookmark bar; or 2) Use the F11 key or 3) make sure they use the scroll bar.

I was just trying to create a viewing experience where I didn't have to advise people how to set up their computers just to make sure they don't miss any pictures!

Again thank you!

71992011-M.jpg

You normally wouldn't. Leave it to "Viewer Controlled" and let them choose, any how deal.gif

BTW, look in a page with a mixture of portrait- and landscape-oriented shots.