Another possible - the new hippies return

harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited May 29, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I stumbled upon a group today that were just sitting on the pavement/sidewalk chatting, singing, playing music and just chilling. The whole place kind of reminded me of a new age/ 70's hippy scene. unfortuanetly the SD card corrupted most of the images on eth card but I managed to recover this one. What do you think .. perhaps in sepia?

72038996-L.jpg

Cheers

HarjTT

:thumb:D

Comments

• sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2006
    What a bummer that happened to all your photos .....but .well, mebbe if this one survived....maybe theres a reason....it reminda me of the 70's just as it is......and..I think the sepia would be the wrong color for the 70's era though.....just me thoughts. clap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2006
    thats cool you were able to recover at least one image.

If you still have your SD card, I can recommend you to a program called "Bad Copy PRO", which allows you to recover most of your files from your memory card.

I can send you a 'copy' of mine so you can 'test it out' before you buy it yourself. Just PM me. mwink.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    I like it just as it is. I agree with Sayntbrigid that sepia doesn't speak of that era. Hope you can recover your other shots! thumb.gif
  • wizard444wizard444 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    The intensity on the guitarist's face is a winner. I'm not sure I connect with the nostalgia, however, the very definition of the word makes it a matter of personal affection. Overall, I like the shot. The tones are perfect, and the crop works well I think.

If it speaks to you, then I'd definitely go with it. I'm quite certain my own entry might not speak as strongly to another of nostalgia as it does to me. I think the judges definitely have their work cut out for them on this one.

BTW, having been there, a corrupted card is extremely frustrating. Best of luck with that.
    "Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again."

Henri Cartier Bresson
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    Exif transfer
    mr peas wrote:
    thats cool you were able to recover at least one image.

If you still have your SD card, I can recommend you to a program called "Bad Copy PRO", which allows you to recover most of your files from your memory card.

I can send you a 'copy' of mine so you can 'test it out' before you buy it yourself. Just PM me. mwink.gif
    Mr Peas

Thanks for the offer of Bad Copy Pro - I did a quick search for a MacOSX equivalent and found this little jem, called Exif Untrasher. Its freeware and worked a treat - managed to recover all of the pics from yesterday thumb.gifD!

Here's the url:

http://www.bluem.net/downloads/exif-untrasher_en/

Brig, Saurora & Wiz

Thansk for the feedback. Your right about not going to Sepia and wiz, lookign at he pic it just shows a group sitting on the floor. Now if some of them were long haired, beared (not the ladies), casual top ,short sandal and wearing then that would have been more like it and woudl have looked as if it were from the 70's.

How's this one as a possible replacement:

72038043-L.jpg

And here's one recovered this morning:

72145766-M.jp

"Candy - Memories from Younger Years"

Cheers

HarjTT

thumb.gifD

PS

I just described how I was dressed yesterday - long haired, bearded, sandal and short wearing dude taking picture!
    edited May 29, 2006
    So happy you got your shots back........hope to see all of em somewhere.....they are WONDERFUL clap.gif
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    So happy you got your shots back........hope to see all of em somewhere.....they are WONDERFUL clap.gif

Thanks brig

Exif Untrasher is a pretty good application considering its for free - it even pulled off images that had been erased from 6 months back. I posted teh other pics here:

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35071

Cheers

HarjTT

thumb.gifD
    edited May 29, 2006
    Thanx Harj, thats a WONDERFUL series clap.gif

glad I got to see em all thumb.gif