Options

new neighbors

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited May 29, 2006 in Wildlife
Lately, we've been seeing a fox around the neighborhood... several times over the past couple weeks, we've seen her out and about during the day, in backyards, popping out of the woods, crossing the street.

Yesterday, I spotted her again, on the next common drive over from ours. Only this time, she had company:

72155984-M.jpg

Now we definitely know she's a she :D. Mama and baby had a seat and hung out for a minute while I grabbed my camera. They didn't seem to notice me as I crept out on the deck, but the instant I snapped the shutter their big ears were trained on me like an array of radars! They subsequently headed back down the drive and into our neighbors yard, abutting the largest patch of untouched woods in the neighborhood.

72148384-L.jpg

The best part was that mama has not 1 but 3 kids! I didn't see her again, but throughout the rest of the day, while we were doing yardwork, we saw the kids bouncing out of the woods, playing together, and many times just lounging on the edge of the neighbors lawn. Too far for my 200mm to do much good, and I didn't want to bug them anymore (even though they seemed like our neighbors pets at times, just rolling around!).
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    Poor Mama fox looks so thin! She must be hungry feeding those 3 kids. Neat shots!
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 29, 2006
    she does look awful scraggly, but the 3 kids are lookin' good nod.gif

and btw, at least one is out on the yard again right now! Just loungin' :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    raianraian Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    Wow, wonderful shot of the ellusive fox!

I have red foxes on my property. I've seen them now and again but they are quite shy and stay to the woods.