Bonds hits 715* or 715 - You're choice

firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
edited June 4, 2006 in Sports
Steroids or no Steroids. Bonds did it and I was there...absolutely amazing. Probably the loudest I've ever heard that ball park. All I wish was I had 300mm at least..hahahaha :rofl more at my gallery

72220802-L-1.jpg

72226569-L-1.jpg

72213793-L-1.jpg

72300427-L-2.jpg

72215027-L-2.jpg

Comments

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    Pretty cool moment in sports history...and you were there! As for the steroids I'm pretty sure if the truth was known MLB was behind Balco and steroid use, just to help revive the gamelol3.gif .

No matter how strong you are, you still need to HIT the ball!
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • JarvisJarvis Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    Love the shots of the ball park. You captured some history. I'm going to PacBell, SBC, ATT park on the 11th vs. Pittsburgh. Maybe they will actuall get a win.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 30, 2006
    Awwww Kevin, you lucky dog rolleyes1.gif

I was watching on the tube and I couldn't believe the noise. And 2 ovations to boot clap.gif I just love everything about that park. There are so many nice photo ops there :photo Not to mention the crab or tri-tip sandwiches, garlic fries and the Cha-Cha bowls :eat

Nice shots!! thumb.gifthumb.gif and how come you were shooting pics when Bonds was up instead of getting a beer from the centerfield vending area?....Laughing.gif You might have picked that ball up and been able to retire lol3.gif Goes ta show. That guy was doing something I'd never do (getting a beer while Bonds was up). Yet, he wound up with a $100,000+ ball eek7.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    Awwww Kevin, you lucky dog rolleyes1.gif

I was watching on the tube and I couldn't believe the noise. And 2 ovations to boot clap.gif I just love everything about that park. There are so many nice photo ops there :photo Not to mention the crab or tri-tip sandwiches, garlic fries and the Cha-Cha bowls :eat

Nice shots!! thumb.gifthumb.gif and how come you were shooting pics when Bonds was up instead of getting a beer from the centerfield vending area?....Laughing.gif You might have picked that ball up and been able to retire lol3.gif Goes ta show. That guy was doing something I'd never do (getting a beer while Bonds was up). Yet, he wound up with a $100,000+ ball eek7.gif

Steve

Yup...that's the loudest I've heard it. I was lucky enough to go early so I caught some of the Rockies batting practice. I think in a couple weeks I'm going to rent a 300mm...or 70-200 2.8. Any suggestions?
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 31, 2006
    nice pics-

maybe $1,000,000+ ball?-

re steroids-

who's to say how many athletes have taken advantage of it over the years-

I took it in the early 70's and it worked wonders, and that was at a prescribed dosage (not that I'm condoning it)-

how long has it been around before that--

regardless, bonds is an amazing athlete-

george
  • David StevensDavid Stevens Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    Fabulous photos of the park and even if Bonds is a sorry example of a human being and cheated to reach 715 you captured the moment wonderfully. Great shots!
    David L. Stevens