Galleries all out of synch AGAIN!

yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
edited May 31, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Ok, I'm starting to get a little frustrated now.

The galleries had all nicely stayed in order for a couple of months now, so I though the bug that made them appear in random order had been fixed.

But this morning, they're all in a mess again. I've just spend an HOUR putting them all back in place.

This is getting really annoying.

Are we any closer to finding out what the problem is?

Thanks, Yvonne.

ETA: DAGNAMMIT!!!! NONE of the changes I've made have stuck. They've all moved again. I'm really seriously hacked off now!

As soon as I have my weddings galleries in order, the people ones are out of synch again, and vice versa. What the heck is going on????

Comments

• NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    Yvonne, you are not alone. I had the same problem yesterday. I was moving gallery positions and they weren't sticking. I figured it was a side effect of all the uploading problems that were occuring. Hopefully this will get fixed soon. But I agree with you, it is frustrating.
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    Yvonne, you are not alone. I had the same problem yesterday. I was moving gallery positions and they weren't sticking. I figured it was a side effect of all the uploading problems that were occuring. Hopefully this will get fixed soon. But I agree with you, it is frustrating.

I've decided to just leave everything alone until SM fixes it. I've had to re-arrange my galleries more times than I can count, and it just got old.

Don, or whoever, I hope this is your TOP priority bug to fix! It's driving us nuts!

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    I am looking in to the problem this week, stay tuned ...
  • yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    Ok, I've just spent another hour on this today, and everytime I have the wedding stuff in synch, the portrait stuff is messed up, and when I fix the portraits, the wedding stuff is out of synch again.

Please can we have a function whereby we can see ALL our registered galleries? Like we used to have before the "arrange" facility? (Because none of this used to happen before the "arrange" thing) Then we can get an overview of everything that's going on and it would make life much easier.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    yvonne wrote:
    Ok, I've just spent another hour on this today, and everytime I have the wedding stuff in synch, the portrait stuff is messed up, and when I fix the portraits, the wedding stuff is out of synch again.

Please can we have a function whereby we can see ALL our registered galleries? Like we used to have before the "arrange" facility? (Because none of this used to happen before the "arrange" thing) Then we can get an overview of everything that's going on and it would make life much easier.
    Hi Yvonne,

It is possible to view all your galleries and sort them. Log in, and go to your homepage. Choose to view gallleries instead of categories, and then click on arrange, you will get all galleries, from all categories. When done, don't forget to save and make sure you change your viewstyle back to categories again.

Hope this helps.
  • peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    yvonne wrote:
    I agree. I have had so many problems with the "arrange" option for photos, that I never use it anymore. Because there has been soo many times I will just move like 1 or 2 photos using it thinking everything is fine, then go back & find out that my photos are all jacked up & randomly out of order. And when you have a gallery that contains a bunch of photos with captions that tell a story as it progresses, that really sucks.

Arrange option = needs more work, IMHO.
  • yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Yvonne,

It is possible to view all your galleries and sort them. Log in, and go to your homepage. Choose to view gallleries instead of categories, and then click on arrange, you will get all galleries, from all categories. When done, don't forget to save and make sure you change your viewstyle back to categories again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I didn't know that.