Ye Olde Boathouse IR

boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
edited June 1, 2006 in Holy Macro
The reflection grabbed my interest at North Park this day.

orig.jpg

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    thumb.gif What a beautiful old building, gorgeous local, and dynamite reflection!!! Good capture! The only thing negative I would say, and it's nothing that reflects on you, is that I was glad I had your description of what it was. When I scrolled down and saw the middle of the frame with the launching area (or whatever you call it) I couldn't tell "what" I was looking at! It kinda bothered me at first...really had to study it, as it stood out in the shot so strongly, almost appearing to "levitate" in space! I love the colors in the reflection!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    anD ir grabbed be wonderful building excellent photo
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    thumb.gif What a beautiful old building, gorgeous local, and dynamite reflection!!! Good capture! The only thing negative I would say, and it's nothing that reflects on you, is that I was glad I had your description of what it was. When I scrolled down and saw the middle of the frame with the launching area (or whatever you call it) I couldn't tell "what" I was looking at! It kinda bothered me at first...really had to study it, as it stood out in the shot so strongly, almost appearing to "levitate" in space! I love the colors in the reflection!

Good evening saurora

I shot this in vertical to get away from the standard landscape "horizontal" image.
    In the foreground there were fences, weeds, tree branches and other debris which took away from the effect you so nicely call "levitate".

Thank you. I always enjoy your comments. I "see" the image I take but sometimes find it hard to put to words.
    edited May 30, 2006
    anD ir grabbed be wonderful building excellent photo

This is a very old building and quite photogenic...thanks Awais.
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    Mmmm..... nice reflection and composition. I find the overexposed area rather distracting. If shot in RAW maybe you could recover that area and tone it down a bit.
    edited June 1, 2006
    Phil U. wrote:
    Mmmm..... nice reflection and composition. I find the overexposed area rather distracting. If shot in RAW maybe you could recover that area and tone it down a bit.

Hi Phil

The overexposed area is grass and my post-processing on this image made it more pronounced.
    RAW is not an option since this was taken with my Sony F717 which only shoots in jpeg and tiff.
    I find the stark white a good contrast against the dark water...but that's my opinion and I respect yours. thumb.gif

Thanks for looking and commenting. :):
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    boogie wrote:
    Hi Phil

The overexposed area is grass and my post-processing on this image made it more pronounced.
    RAW is not an option since this was taken with my Sony F717 which only shoots in jpeg and tiff.
    I find the stark white a good contrast against the dark water...but that's my opinion and I respect yours. thumb.gif

Thanks for looking and commenting. :):

Good enough for me. The most important opinion is the photographer's. If you're happy with it that's what matters.