Three friends

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited May 31, 2006 in People
My daughter and her friends walking on the beach. Any comments?

72263824-L.jpg

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    I like it!
    Nice BW treatment, very peaceful image. thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    Long time no see... it brings me sweet memories iloveyou.gif.
    clap.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    Nice shot... Good light on the kids. This might just be me, but isn't it nicer to have clouds when taking pictures on the beach?

It would be neat to see a skyline of clouds in the white space. Just a thought.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    ITA, the white sky is a little distracting but really overall an amazing image. Ah to be by a beach again.........

beautiful!clap.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    Clouds (you have to special order!!!)
    Nice shot Mitch. I go down to the beach every weekend. Unfortunately, there aren't too many cloudy days there! It's either overcast, ugly and gray or clear as a bell! Unfortunatly, we can't put in an order for cloudy weather. It makes it difficult to get contrast into an otherwise mid-tone scene for me. I like the composition and the mood this one brings.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    Thanks for looking, everyone.
    Clouds? I haven't seen clouds at the beach here in months. :): This shot was so drab in color that I decided to just go B&W.

I think it will make a nice 8X10 gift for these three amigos.
  • trossnageltrossnagel Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    Mitch - I absolutely LOVE this shot - I am planning a trip to the beach and this shot is exactly what I am hoping to snag...

As for the sky - maybe a crop?

I would also love to see what the shot looks like in color, though I do like the B&W feel.

And one more thing - the title...

I don't know if you were going to use that title for the actual print, but it seems something a bit more creative could be used. Personally, I think the names of the three children would be a bit more memorable or even just the name of the beach and the year...just my two cents.ne_nau.gif

Great shot...