Options

A rose is a rose is a rose...

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
edited June 1, 2006 in Wildlife
...but some roses are more equal than others.

72619841-L.jpg

72621899-L.jpg

72619745-L.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Regards,

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 31, 2006
    Excellent job on those, Richard. The subject isolation is perfect, as are the exposures. What's really impressive is that you used a depth of field sufficient to have the entire flower in focus. Really good work here.

Regards,
    -joel
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    And some well done roses at thatthumb.gif
  • Options
    raianraian Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    All are awesome, but my favorite is #1. I just like the colors in this rose the best. Great shots!
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2006
    Thanks, Joel, John and Raian. Glad you liked them. The colors of the first one especially just blew me away.

Cheers,
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    A rose isn't just a rose...
    A rose isn't just a rose...they are all wonderful in my opinion! These are beautifully captured, Richard. I especially like the first one, it reminds me of my favorite rose "Double Delight", although I don't believe this is the same variety. Similar coloration. Always love the multi-colored ones best! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    kdog wrote:
    Excellent job on those, Richard. The subject isolation is perfect, as are the exposures. What's really impressive is that you used a depth of field sufficient to have the entire flower in focus. Really good work here.

Regards,
    -joel
    15524779-Ti.gifAnd kept the balance of the image OOF. Very well done.
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    Nicely done Richard. The first looks like a Double Delight and the second like Secert ... I think we have many of the same roses. The dark background is exceptionally nice ... burning in, timing with sunlight ... what is your magic?

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Nicely done Richard. The first looks like a Double Delight and the second like Secert ... I think we have many of the same roses. The dark background is exceptionally nice ... burning in, timing with sunlight ... what is your magic?

Gary
    Many thanks, Saurora, Scott and Gary. thumb.gif

None of these were modified much in PP, mostly just cropping to improve composition and minor curve correction for contrast. They were in fairly bright light (late morning) and I tried to make sure that they were against dark foliage as a backgound. All were shot as close as I could get focus with a Canon 70-200 mm f/4L. I'll edit the original post to link the EXIF data for the curious.

The magic belonged to the roses. :D