Canon service center

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited June 2, 2006 in Cameras
Which is the preferred Canon service center?

Canon Factory Service Center
100 Jamesburg Road
Jamesburg, NJ 08831

or

15955 Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA 92618

Turnaround time for focus adjustment?
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    Bodley wrote:
    Which is the preferred Canon service center?

100 Jamesburg Road
    Jamesburg, NJ 08831

or

15955 Alton Parkway
    Irvine, CA 92618

Turnaround time for focus adjustment?

Okay if I can't get any help on this what about:

Are a camera's focus adjusted to lenses or are lenses adjusted to the camera?
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    I had a focus issue with my 20D and 28-135 IS. Because I lived in Washington state, they had me send it to California... Closest location.

The longest part of the process was my shipping it to them. (They don't pay for that, you do)

It cost me about $40 with the insurance. They had if fixed and returned in less than a week... After they received it.

One rep told me they adjusted the lens to the camera, however, the paperwork said, "Adjusted 28-135 and 20D for best focus."

So depending on where you are located is where I would ship it.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    johno wrote:
    I had a focus issue with my 20D and 28-135 IS. Because I lived in Washington state, they had me send it to California... Closest location.

The longest part of the process was my shipping it to them. (They don't pay for that, you do)

It cost me about $40 with the insurance. They had if fixed and returned in less than a week... After they received it.

One rep told me they adjusted the lens to the camera, however, the paperwork said, "Adjusted 28-135 and 20D for best focus."

So depending on where you are located is where I would ship it.

peace.
    johno~

I'm located in Alabama so I don't think it matters but I'm leaning toward CA.

I have 2 bodies, 1dmkII and 1dmkIIn, and the following lenses 24-70/f2.8, 70-200/f2.8 IS, 200/f1.8, 85/f1.8, 50/f1.8.

The 1dmkII is spot-on while the 1dmkIIn front focuses (tried 2 different copies). I have several upcoming shoots and can't be without my equipment.

Just trying to figure out the best way to get calibrated ne_nau.gif
    Greg