Raw Edit gone in Photoshop Elements 3

donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
edited June 1, 2006 in Finishing School
I've been using Nikon Capture for most of my files lately. I went back to elements to try something and the standard raw edit options have dissapears leaving a window that pops up with a very small image in it. All I can adjust is exposure compensation and white balance.

The old edit options along the right (WB, Tint, exposure, etc) don't come up any more. I can't zoom, use the eye dropper or any of the normal raw editing features in the software. The help menus don't even mention the window I've now got. There is also nothing on toggling between these two raw edit options.

Any ideas how to get it back?
Sean Martin
www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    Capture replaced the Adobe RAW plug-in
    donek wrote:
    I've been using Nikon Capture for most of my files lately. I went back to elements to try something and the standard raw edit options have dissapears leaving a window that pops up with a very small image in it. All I can adjust is exposure compensation and white balance.

The old edit options along the right (WB, Tint, exposure, etc) don't come up any more. I can't zoom, use the eye dropper or any of the normal raw editing features in the software. The help menus don't even mention the window I've now got. There is also nothing on toggling between these two raw edit options.

Any ideas how to get it back?

This is a common problem. An installation of Nikon Capture has likely replaced the Adobe RAW plug-in with it's own. See this Adobe tech note for advice on how to fix it: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/326616.html.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question