Everything seems so much bigger when you're young...

Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
edited June 5, 2006 in People
Got this one of my nephew over Mothers day.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur

Comments

• SpagbagSpagbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    Cute as a button!
    I love the round cheeks vs. round ball, and the primary colours.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    A photo truly matching the subject. In general I like tight cropping and thus would remove even more grass from the left and the top of this image. I would further emphasise the disproportion between the toddler and the ball.

Great concept shot.
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Spagbag wrote:
    Cute as a button!
    I love the round cheeks vs. round ball, and the primary colours.

Thanks, for the compliment!

edited June 5, 2006
    A photo truly matching the subject. In general I like tight cropping and thus would remove even more grass from the left and the top of this image. I would further emphasise the disproportion between the toddler and the ball.

Great concept shot.

Thanks for the compliment and the suggestions, I'll give it a try!

• SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    I agree with the above, being a great idea and composition! I'd like to see some added warmth. The yellows seems a bit dull.

Keep up the good work! thumb.gif
    edited June 5, 2006
    SuperJared wrote:
    I agree with the above, being a great idea and composition! I'd like to see some added warmth. The yellows seems a bit dull.

Keep up the good work! thumb.gif

Good suggestion, Unfortunately, saving for the web really leaches alot of the color out of the lighter shades...(the original is much better!)
    edited June 5, 2006
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    Good suggestion, Unfortunately, saving for the web really leaches alot of the color out of the lighter shades...(the original is much better!)

Sounds like a conflict of color profiles. headscratch.gif
    edited June 5, 2006
    SuperJared wrote:
    Sounds like a conflict of color profiles. headscratch.gif

I don't know what that means, is it avoidable, can you explain?
    edited June 5, 2006
    A color profile is how the color appears through a device, i.e. a monitor or camera. When your camera's profile and your monitor's profile do no match, the resulting color is not what you thought it would be: the color from the camera will be different than what is on your monitor and the profile tells it how to translate.

Briefly, when you save the photo normally, Photoshop attaches the color profile, telling your computer how to view the picture -- You're viewing it with the attached camera color profile.

However, when you save for web, Photoshop does not attach the color profile so your computer translates the color as if it were your monitor's color profile.

This is a bit complex to explain and I always find it difficult, but it is important to know.

A way to fix it is to convert the color to your monitor's color profile. In Photoshop, go to Image > Mode > Convert to Profile... (I don't know if this process is different on a PC than on my Mac), and select your monitor profile.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps you out.
    edited June 5, 2006
    SuperJared wrote:
    A color profile is how the color appears through a device, i.e. a monitor or camera. When your camera's profile and your monitor's profile do no match, the resulting color is not what you thought it would be: the color from the camera will be different than what is on your monitor and the profile tells it how to translate.

Briefly, when you save the photo normally, Photoshop attaches the color profile, telling your computer how to view the picture -- You're viewing it with the attached camera color profile.

However, when you save for web, Photoshop does not attach the color profile so your computer translates the color as if it were your monitor's color profile.

This is a bit complex to explain and I always find it difficult, but it is important to know.

A way to fix it is to convert the color to your monitor's color profile. In Photoshop, go to Image > Mode > Convert to Profile... (I don't know if this process is different on a PC than on my Mac), and select your monitor profile.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps you out.

JEEZ I feel like a dolt! I just realized that I had my camera attatching a sRGB profile but I was opening them up in Adobe RGB While I had my Monitor set to "Apple Cinema HD Display" Now everything is sRGB and the JPEGs aren't desaturating!!!!! Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!

edited June 5, 2006
    Can't wait to see the re-posted shot!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

(and glad I could help)
    edited June 5, 2006
    SuperJared wrote:
    Can't wait to see the re-posted shot!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Here it is, thanks again...

-Ian