Anybody have any experience with these?

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited June 3, 2006 in Cameras
I just was given a Polaroid Land Camera Model 250

pola-automat-250.jpg

from someone I did work for and I have never seen one before. It still has the bill of sale in the case from the late 60's. I just got home and have a few things to do so I figured I 'd check with everyone here to see if anyone has used it before. Let me know and if anyone has any photographs from it I'd love to see them. Thanks in advance for the help.

Joe

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    I do know that it will be a collectible. Very cool!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    A set of photos. And a couple more.

An ad.

Technical info.

Reading around, I think I'm wrong about the collectible. Sounds it will take a long time for the value to go up.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    I have taken very few myself. But, back in the 60's & 70's when they were current the real estate agency section of the real estate/construction company that I was bookkeeper for used them for picutres of houses. The originals were placed in a binder on sheets that gave additional written information about the property and the local newspaper would also use them to copy from for our ads.

I do remember the same parallax (sp?) problem that led to my purchase of my first SLR for personal use.
    Jane
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    Jane B. wrote:
    I have taken very few myself. But, back in the 60's & 70's when they were current the real estate agency section of the real estate/construction company that I was bookkeeper for used them for picutres of houses. The originals were placed in a binder on sheets that gave additional written information about the property and the local newspaper would also use them to copy from for our ads.

I do remember the same parallax (sp?) problem that led to my purchase of my first SLR for personal use.
    Jane

similarly, surveyors, bank appraisers, county officials also used them. My introduction to photography was as assitant to my dad: time the prints, pull them apart and "fix" the prints. I'm not sure you can get film anymore.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 3, 2006
    is this the one with the pink spongelike thingie in a container about the size of a 35mm film container?-

you would run it across the print to fix it?-

had a distinctive smell?-

or am I losing it?-

george
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    A set of photos. And a couple more.

An ad.

Technical info.

Reading around, I think I'm wrong about the collectible. Sounds it will take a long time for the value to go up.

Thanks for the info. I know it won't be a collectible, I'm ok with that. I am definitly interested in seeing how they turn out. I just have to find film and see if it works. Thanks again for the links.

Joe
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    is this the one with the pink spongelike thingie in a container about the size of a 35mm film container?-

or am I losing it?-

george

Not sure, but I'll try and find out.

Joe
  • KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    This is an older model. They produced excellent B/W images and could focus very close. In addition the emulsion takes a minute or so to set up thats why you have the pink swab to help set the image. you can use a spoon or any smooth object to manipulate the image and get some interesting effcts if you do this just as you remove the picture.Stretch, distort etc.
    Oh yes, the ASA was about 1000 as I remember.
    Bob
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:

or am I losing it?-

george

oh yeaaaaaa........!