Someone stop me please!

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited June 5, 2006 in Cameras
There is a used 35 f1.4 L on B&H and I have been lusting after that lens for a while (use to be men but now it's Canon glass, very sad). I might get murdered if I buy it with the Whosit just forking over the $$ for the 400 f5.6L. The 35 is just the focal length I need and its fast, also need. Getting this would mean the 17-40 L would have to go, great lens I just don't do that wide so end up using it in the 30-40 mm range. I was also looking at the 70-200 f2.8L but slapped myself, the 70-200 f4 is lighter and makes a nice walkaround. Talked myself out of that one..sneaking up on the 200 f2.8L.

Thanks for listening and any good ideas why I shouldn't do this fire away, the Whosit will love you for it.

Comments

• KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    Go for the 35 f1.4, you can always sell the 17-40. They go quick. If you die at least you die in lust. Not a bad ending. :D
    Bob
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    I was also looking at the 70-200 f2.8L but slapped myself...
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif :giggle :lol

Thanks for listening and any good ideas why I shouldn't do this fire away, the Whosit will love you for it.

Who us? Talk you out of buying a new lens??? Never!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you've got the "gotta have a new piece of equipment" itch. Whatever you decide...........you won't regret it, but you'll always lust for more. :D
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    Your not helping:D Oh well it's only money, my life, my marriage, not really. I do think I'll mention it too him tho' then maybe not.
  • SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    go for it...you wanted it and now you can get a deal on it. thats smart shopping if you ask me.

Like you said, its only money. I'd rather have a lot of toys than paper in my wallet. As for the hubbie, just offer to let him play with it too.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
    edited June 3, 2006
    Told him and he is fine with it, sometimes he still can shock me:D Cool beans! So it is in my shopping cart, not sure how that will work since they don't start taking orders till 9:45, will hit the button to finish up as soon as the clock strikes the minute.

I'm sure he'll want to try it out but his fav to play with is the 70-200 f4L.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    Just wait till he sees your shots.........then he'll want to play with it!!! rolleyes1.gif
    edited June 4, 2006
    Well we are both going to have to wait, didn't get it. Was right at my shopping cart started hitting the refresh button at 9:41, at 9:44 the not taking orders sign was off. Hit check out, zipped through the process since I don't have to fill anything out and got item sold no longer in your cart:-( Just not meant to be this time.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,077 moderator
    edited June 4, 2006
    Thusie,

I'm sure you already know this, but the Canon 35mm, f2 is only $230 USD or less, and darn sharp to boot. Maybe you could pick that up now, and then sell it if you get the opportunity to get the f1.4L version later.

It probably wouldn't wind up costing much, between original price and what you sell it for, and you get to use it in the mean time.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • herionherion Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Well we are both going to have to wait, didn't get it. Was right at my shopping cart started hitting the refresh button at 9:41, at 9:44 the not taking orders sign was off. Hit check out, zipped through the process since I don't have to fill anything out and got item sold no longer in your cart:-( Just not meant to be this time.

Thusie,

Have you tried any Zeiss glass yet? mwink.gif
    edited June 5, 2006
    Ziggy,

Getting the 35 f2 has crossed my mind and thanks for bring that thought back.

Herion,

Zeiss? No I haven't and I don't think I'm going to go there:):
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Go for it...you only live once...might as well live life loving what you do. rolleyes1.gif