• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 3, 2006
    great shots!-

love the dreadlocks photo!

george
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    EXCELLENT!

I know first hand how hard that is. I spent about an hour shooting an Ultimate tournament. Oy.

Nothing worth posting, but the gallery is here if you want to check it out.

What did you shoot with, and what settings?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ElysiumElysium Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    EXCELLENT!

I know first hand how hard that is. I spent about an hour shooting an Ultimate tournament. Oy.

Nothing worth posting, but the gallery is here if you want to check it out.

What did you shoot with, and what settings?

I saw the comment you left in my guestbook. You've got some ok stuff in there, like #2, 15, and 16. It's definitely tough the first couple times, and I have a pretty major advantage over a lot of people since I've been playing the game for a few years.

All these shots were with a 1D and 300 2.8. I use manual if the lighting is consistent, AV if it's not, usually with +1/3 or 2/3 EC, and always shoot RAW. All shots are wide open at 2.8.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    Elysium wrote:
    I saw the comment you left in my guestbook. You've got some ok stuff in there, like #2, 15, and 16. It's definitely tough the first couple times, and I have a pretty major advantage over a lot of people since I've been playing the game for a few years.

All these shots were with a 1D and 300 2.8. I use manual if the lighting is consistent, AV if it's not, usually with +1/3 or 2/3 EC, and always shoot RAW. All shots are wide open at 2.8.

Thought it was something like that. I shot with my 70-200 f4L. Too short and not wide enough for the separation you're getting.

So that's YOUR gallery. Cool. My step-son, who plays is very impressed with your work, too.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops