Upload from outside source

nosteelenosteele Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited June 4, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Did a search and could not find an answer to this: I am looking for a photosite that will allow uploads from other sources. In other words, let say I want to set up a family photo album. I would upload some photos to the album but would also like to be able to allow other family members to upload to this album as well. If it is possible for uploads to come from other sources, is it possible for them to create an album and upload to that?

Comments

• bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 4, 2006
    nosteele wrote:
    Did a search and could not find an answer to this: I am looking for a photosite that will allow uploads from other sources. In other words, let say I want to set up a family photo album. I would upload some photos to the album but would also like to be able to allow other family members to upload to this album as well. If it is possible for uploads to come from other sources, is it possible for them to create an album and upload to that?
    that is a feature available in the professional subscription level. check out the help here for more info.
    Pedal faster
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    Your family should be able to upload to a basic account using e-mail. See:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/camera-phones

I haven't tried it myself as I have a pro account and use the guest password feaure instead, but it should work. It looks like the images get uploaded to a single e-mail folder, but you could move them from there pretty easily as the account holder.

I use another site at work that lets you e-mail upload to specific galleries (fotki.com). Fotki is a nice service as well, but when it came time to vote with my own wallet for a personal site, I picked smugmug.

Here's my referral link if you want to save $5 when signing up at smugmug (helps me too :):)

http://www.smugmug.com/?referrer=lspQZXj5xA7vg
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    nosteele wrote:

We're perfectly fine with multiple family members sharing a single login to an account.

Basically, if it's someone you'd trust with your priceless photos (with your password they have the ability to delete your photos as well as see your personal information), that's fine by us. :)

Don